CytoGuard® Stat-N is a natural mild smoke flavor. All flavor ingredients contained in this product are approved for use in accordance with Food and Drug Administration regulations or are accepted as Generally Recognized As Safe. CytoGuard Stat-N natural shelf-life extenders are based on natural extracts which work to effectively inhibit bacterial growth and improve flavor and color over the course of the food products shelf-life. CytoGuard Stat-N is based on the same basic technology as smoking foods, which mankind has been using as a method to preserve foods for hundreds if not thousands of years.
Ingredient Name: Lignin
Function: Shelf Life Enhancer, Flavoring Agent
Ingredient Origin: Natural Origin
Labeling Claims: Organic, Natural, Clean Label, GMO-free, Naturally Derived, Non-GMO, Allergen-free
Available upon quote
Minimum Order Quantity
Popular A&B Ingredients ProductsView all A&B Ingredients Products
Product NameProduct FamiliesApplications
Cytoguard® LA 25 Antioxidants & Preservatives Meat, Poultry & Seafood
Cytoguard® Stat-N Plus Antioxidants & Preservatives, Flavor Ingredients Other Food Applications, Dairy, Savory & Culinary, Meat, Poultry & Seafood
Cytoguard® OX-WS Plant & Herb Products & Extracts, Spices, Herbs & Seasonings
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
Flavor Ingredient Class
Food Ingredients Functions
- Natural Flavor(s)
- Natural Flavoring
- Natural Flavor from Flaxseed, Oregano, and Plums (CytoGuard YM)
CytoGuard products are formulated entirely from natural ingredients and labeled "natural flavors" or "natural flavoring". CytoGuard fermentates contain organic acids, among other compounds, which maintain the "fresh" flavor of the food and provide shelf life extension benefits.
Cytoguard® Stat-N Features & Benefits
Food Ingredients Features
Features & Benefits
- All natural
- Clean label – can be labeled “Natural Flavors” or “Flavoring” on ingredient statement, depending on the application
- Water soluble liquid with activity over a wide pH range
- Allergen and GMO-free – contains no dairy derivatives
- Organic compliant
- Easily adaptable to multiple product formulations
- Simply labeled ingredients
- Complement flavors
- Made in the U.S.
- Maintain fresh flavor
- Accentuate flavor notes
- Wide range of applications
- Cost-effective solution
- Highly effective against lactic and other spoilage organisms, including yeast and molds
- Shelf life extension
- Replace artificial preservatives for a clean-label statement
- Achieve label transparency
- Backed by rigorous microbial testing and challenge study support
Applications & Uses
- CytoGuard™ LA 2X can be used at low dosages with no perceptible impact on flavor. CytoGuard Stat-N flavors can be used in a wide range of food products such as:
- Dairy and non-dairy items – dips/dressings, refrigerated salads
- Vegetable-based food products
- Beef Jerky & Dried Meats
- Bakery Fillings & Frostings
- Prepared Meals
- CytoGuard Stat-N can improve the product quality over the range of the shelf-life of the finished product.
- CytoGuard Stat-N flavors should be incorporated into products taking the place of water in the formulation – improving shelf life by 30%. Typical usage is 1% - 2% of the product formulation.
- CytoGuard Stat-N can be used in conjunction with CytoGuard® LA to further improve efficacy. In the above example, CytoGuard LA was used to reduce intital bacterial loads and CytoGuard Stat-N maintained lower counts throughout shelf-life.
Application for Surface Treatment
- CytoGuard Stat-N can also be applied as a surface treatment. By targeting the primary location of bacterial growth, the preservative effect is maximized, while minimizing any secondary sensory impact.
- When using as a surface application, CytoGuard Stat-N can also be mixed directly with a bacterial agent such as CytoGuard LA.
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|pH Value||4.8 - 6.2||-||-|
|Titratable Acidity||0.3 - 2.3||%||-|
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Specific Gravity||1.045 - 1.065||g/ml||-|
Packaging & Availability
- Available in bulk, 320 gallon totes, and 55 gallon drums.
Lot Identification : 0429502101
|Month||Date||Year (2015)||Production Line||Run
Container Code : 00031 Drum/Tote Number
Storage & Handling
Storage and Shelf Life
1 Year, unopened, when stored in closed packaging in a cool, dry environment