Aegis® PIR-MBM resin from AdvanSix contains 100% post-industrial recycled (PIR) raw materials while providing the same top performance and processability as Aegis® MBM, its standard, non-recycled counterpart.
Aegis® PIR-MBM resin is a terminated, non-delustered, bright, medium dye, medium viscosity nylon 6 resin for carpet fiber and synthetic turf extrusion applications.
Ask AdvanSix Questions
Ask the Supplier
Popular AdvanSix ProductsView All AdvanSix Products
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
Aegis® PIR-MBM Features & Benefits
- No compromise in performance or processability
- Greater recycled resin content less virgin resin) in end products
- Smaller anticipated environmental footprint
- No costly requalification needed for existing customers
- No added food contact concerns
- Cost-effective path to sustainability
Applications & Uses
Aegis® PIR-MBM is a terminated, non-delustered, bright medium dye, medium viscosity nylon 6 resin for carpet fiber and synthetic turf extrusion applications.
Aegis® PIR-MBM is supplied in sealed containers and drying prior to processing is not required. However, higher moisture is the primary cause of processing issues. If drying becomes necessary, a dehumidifying or desiccant dryer operating at 80°C (176°F) is recommended. Drying time is dependent on moisture level. More information about safe handling procedures can be obtained by requesting the Safety Data Sheet.
New PIR-grade products from AdvanSix offer manufacturers an opportunity to get the best of both worlds: trusted performance AND a reduced environmental footprint.
Because these products offer the same excellent physical and mechanical properties as their traditional counterparts, customers can also expect:
- A seamless path to producing more sustainable downstream products.
- No costly requalification process.
- No issues related to collection contamination or food contact.
- No issues typically associated with post-consumer recycled nylon.
Now manufacturers have the means of retaining packaging performance with raw materials that can help improve their reputation for sustainability. See Table 1 for application examples.
Table 1: Opportunities for PIR-Grade Nylon 6 Products
|Products requiring compliance with FDA regulations||
|Products having rigorous performance requirements||
|Packaging that is traditionally difficult to recycle||
|Applications that cannot tolerate contamination of color/odor||
|Any end-product that customers want to align to their corporate sustainability goals.||