Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality+
Features & Benefits+
Applications & Uses+
Special Properties and Uses
Flexibilizing bifunctional reactive diluent of neutral odour for unmodified epoxy resins.
Suggested Uses and Processing Information
- BECKOPOX™ EP 075 is a polypropylene glycol diglycidyl ether and acts as a reactive diluent for liquid epoxy resins, e. g. BECKOPOX™ EP 140. Unlike conventional solvents such as xylene or toluene, this diluting agent is incorporated into the macromolecule during the curing process and is therefore unable to migrate. It enables the viscosity to be adjusted while at the same time improving the elasticity of highly viscous, brittle epoxy resins.
- BECKOPOX™ EP 075 is used in combination with e. g. BECKOPOX™ EP 140 for solvent-free two-component systems like coatings, adhesives, casting- and laminating compounds. These formulations are even suitable for curing at elevated temperatures.
- BECKOPOX™ EP 075 is miscible with the majority of organic solvents and can be processed together with the solvents commonly used in the paint industry such as toluene, xylene, butanol, butyl diglycol or methyl isobutyl ketone.
Compatible Substrates & Surfaces
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Iodine Color Number||max. 2||DIN 6162|
|Flash Point||min. 100||°C||DIN EN ISO 2719|
|Epoxy Equivalent (Form of Delivery)||320 - 360||g/mol||DIN EN ISO 7142|
|Dynamic Viscosity (500 1/s 25°C)||35 - 60||mPa.s||DIN EN ISO 3219|
|Dynamic Viscosity (500 1/s 23°C)||40 - 70||mPa.s||DIN EN ISO 3219|
|Density (at 20°C)||approx. 1.06||g/cm³||DIN EN ISO 2811-2|
Packaging & Availability+
Storage & Handling+
Storage and Handling
- At temperatures up to 25°C storage stability packed in original containers amounts to at least 365 days.
- When handling and processing epoxy resins and hardeners, the rules and regulations established by local authorities should be observed. A Material Safety Data Sheet is available on request.