Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality+
Features & Benefits+
Applications & Uses+
Special Properties and Uses
Internally flexibilized liquid resin, high-viscous. Compounding resin for elastification of unmodified epoxy resins. Coatings, adhesives, casting compounds.
Suggested Uses and Processing Information
- BECKOPOX™ EP 151 is a solvent-free liquid epoxy resin with high viscosity. It is mainly used as plastisizing resin to improve the flexibility of epoxy resin systems even at low temperatures and without loosing the flexibility on ageing. Being compatible with other Beckopox grades the necessary flexibility can be adjusted by varying the mixing ratio. Hence it is suitable for castings needing permanent elasticity as well as castings subjected to severe vibration stresses such as ship decks and non-slip stairs. Such castings exhibit high impact resistance and exceptional performance in the cold-check cycle test.
- As sole binder or in combination with other liquid resins BECKOPOX™ EP 151 is used for formulating casting compounds in the electrical industry. Especially for embedding temperature sensitive elements and components.
- The resin/curing agent mixture generates little heat during cure so that it is also an effective base resin for formulating trowelling, casting and sealing systems.
- Epoxy adhesives are given extra elasticity by adding BECKOPOX™ EP 151. It is also frequently used as sole binder for adhesives. BECKOPOX™ EP 151 can be formulated with the standard pigments and extenders.
- It can be cured using acid anhydrides at elevated temperature or with amines at room temperature. For curing at low temperatures, it is recommended to lower the viscosity by combining with low viscous liquid resins. In view of its very high flexibility a combination with other liquid resins, e. g. BECKOPOX™ EP 128 or BECKOPOX™ EP 140 will usually adjust the flexibility to the appropriate level. The presence of BECKOPOX™ EP 151 reduces the exothermy during the curing-process.
Compatible Substrates & Surfaces
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Iodine Color Number||max. 5||%||DIN 6162|
|Flash Point||min. 100||°C||DIN EN ISO 2719|
|Epoxy Equivalent (Form of Delivery)||400 - 500||g/mol||VLN 305|
|Dynamic Viscosity (25 1/s 25°C)||20000 - 30000||mPa.s||DIN EN ISO 3219|
|Dynamic Viscosity (25 1/s 23°C)||25000 - 38000||mPa.s||DIN EN ISO 3219|
|Density (at 20°C)||approx. 1.08||g/cm³||DIN EN ISO 2811-2|
Packaging & Availability+
Storage & Handling+
Storage and Handling
- At temperatures up to 25°C storage stability packed in original containers amounts to at least 365 days.
- When handling and processing epoxy resins and hardeners, the rules and regulations established by local authorities should be observed. A Material Safety Data Sheet is available on request.