BECKOPOX™ VEM 2448/50EEP
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality+
Features & Benefits+
Applications & Uses+
Sole binder for white and clear interior and exterior can-coating systems, stamping enamels, capsule lacquers, foil lacquers and coil-coating primers with outstanding resistances, sterilization proof.
BECKOPOX™ VEM 2448 is designed as sole binder mainly. At stoving temperatures of 180-220°C, BECKOPOX™ VEM 2448 gives coatings with a high resistance against chemicals, good corrosion protection and excellent adhesion on nonferrous metals. BECKOPOX™ VEM 2448 can be "shock-cured" too, e.g. at a PMT of 240°C for 60 s. The resulting films are resistant against sterilization (e.g. 60 min. / 121°C in 2% lactic acid).
- BECKOPOX™ VEM 2448 is diluted with suitable solvents like esters, ketones or mixtures thereof to processing viscosity. OH-group containing solvents should not be used, not even in small amounts.
- BECKOPOX™ VEM 2448 can be catalyzed by phosphoric acid (0.5-1.5 % phosphoric acid, 45%, calculated on form of delivery). The storage stability of such catalyzed lacquers is however limited, the same applies to combinations with melamine and benzoguanamine resins.
- For the formulation of white internal coatings, the use of "chloride" types of titanium dioxide is recommended. The usual binder : pigment ratio is 1 : 1 (by weight).
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Non-Volatile Matter Analogue (1h 160°C 1g)||48 - 52||%||DIN EN ISO 3251|
|Iodine Color Number||max. 10||DIN 6162|
|Flash Point (Pensky-Martens)||approx. 59||°C||DIN EN ISO 1523|
|Dynamic Viscosity (100 1/s 23°C)||1300 - 4500||mPa.s||DIN EN ISO 3219|
|Density (at 20°C)||approx. 1.06||g/cm³||DIN EN ISO 2811-2|
Storage & Handling+
- At temperatures up to 25°C storage stability packed in original containers amounts to at least 90 days.
- When handling and processing epoxy resins and hardeners, the rules and regulations established by local authorities should be observed. A Material Safety Data Sheet is available on request.