Barrday Thermoplastic Systems
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality+
Features & Benefits+
- Performance: Barrday’s specially designed thermoplastic resins offer unsurpassed ballistic performance, on a per weight basis, versus ballistic thermosetting resins. They can be used stand-alone or behind steel or ceramic.
- Shelf-life: thermoplastic resins do not require special storage or packaging and typically have a shelf life in excess of 3 years.
- Processing: thermoplastic resins are easy to work with, do not off-gas, are environmentally friendly, and often can be molded at low or atmospheric pressures.
- Customizable: thermoplastic resins are customizable to give properties such as high temperature resistance, rigidity or good adhesion to HMWPE.
- Tough: these resins offer excellent impact resistance and typically have good environmental resistance and dura-bility.
Applications & Uses+
- Place parts in the mold at temperatures less than the melt temperature of the resin.
- Apply pressure and heat based on manufacturing process.
- Hold pressure and heat for recommended cure time at target cure temperature.
- Cooling under pressure is highly recommended prior to removing parts from the mold.
Regulatory & Compliance+
Technical Details & Test Data+
The following guidelines are provided to assist with general recommendations for successful processing. These are meant for starting purposes only, final process parameters will be based on part geometry and manufacturing methods.
|Temperature||Pressure (psi)||Time (min)||Shelf Life|
|Engineered Rubbers||250 – 280oF (121 – 138oC)||14 – 3000||30 – 60||1 year|
|Co-Polyamide||360 – 401oF (182 – 205oC)||14 – 3000||30 – 60||Approximately 3 years|
|Polyethylene||220 – 240oF (104 – 116oC)||150 – 350||20 – 60|
|Co-Polypropylene||350 – 380oF (176 – 194oC)||14 – 3000||30 – 60|
|Polyurethane Film||210 – 250oF (98 – 121oC)||150 – 350||30 – 60|
|CAF||285 – 320oF (140 – 160oC)||150 – 350||30 – 60|
|ARG||290 – 330oF (143 – 166oC)||150 – 3000||30 – 60|
Packaging & Availability+
Barrday’s Specialized Thermoplastic resins:
- Are available in powder form, film form, as top coating, or as a prepreg. They are typically supplied as a top coated, double side coated or prepregged fabric.
- Have typical resin contents that range from 10 to 30% on a dry prepreg per weight basis.
- Can be purchased as cast or powder coated films in weights of 15 to 300 g/m2.
- Typically come as a standard clear (unpigmented) resin, but colours can be added to certain resins upon request.