BRUGGOLEN® H164 is a synergistic mixture of sterically hindered phenolic antioxidants and phosphonates in powder form. Our phenol-based stabilizer BRUGGOLEN® H164 is reaching a long-term protection of polyamides against heat aging for technical applications such as:
- Excellent in glass fiber reinforced or mineral-filled polyamides
Ask Brueggemann Questions
Ask the Supplier
Popular Brueggemann ProductsView All Brueggemann Products
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
BRUGGOLEN® H164 Features & Benefits
Applications & Uses
- BRUGGOLEN® H164 is a non-discoloring antioxidant and heat stabilizer with outstanding performance in all polyamides (PA6, PA6.6, PA11, PA12, PA–Copolymers), providing an excellent protection against embrittlement and premature fatigue of the mechanical properties of the finished parts under long term stress, both in unreinforced and glass-fiber reinforced or mineral-filled polymers.
- Typical applications and advantages of this stabilizer are as follows:
- Long term heat stability in applications up to 150°C
- Efficient process stabilization against yellowing and degradation
- Long term protection of bright colored polymers against yellowing
- For specific applications specially tailored BRUGGOLEN® - additives can be offered Engineering Polymers, as well as AP-NYLON® Caprolactam, the key component for Cast Polyamide 6.
Regulatory & Compliance
L.Brüggemann GmbH & Co. KG, Heilbronn, Germany, manufactures this product under the following certificates and assessments:
- DQS certified management system ISO 9001:2015 (Cert.-Reg.-No. 001499 QM15 UM15)
- DQS certified management system ISO 14001:2015 (Cert.-Reg.-No. 001499 QM15 UM15)
- DQS attested energy management system ISO 50001:2011 (Cert.-Reg.-No. 001499 EMSt14)
- BG-RCI certified implementation of OSHAS 18001:2007 and ILO-OSH 2001 (Reg.-No. RCI 08-010-21-01)
- EcoVadis with gold status attested principles of sustainability
Technical Details & Test Data
- The addition to the polyamide melt is best done by compounding on twin screw extrusion machines. Only this will lead to the desired optimum dispersion of the stabilizer in the compound. Dry blending of BRUGGOLEN® H164 along with polyamide granules will not lead to an optimum dispersion of the additive in the melt during injection molding.
- However, to support the dispersion of BRUGGOLEN® H164 when making a dry-blend, it is recommended that our BRUGGOLEN® P60 as adhesive agent is used.
Safety & Health
- BRUGGOLEN® H164 is not classified as hazardous according to the valid CLP-Regulation. However, this does not exclude that the product is hazardous in its application of a hazardous material within the meaning of the Ordinance on Hazardous Substances. Therefore, a risk assessment has to be carried out prior to commencing activities. In any case, the general rules for handling chemicals must be observed. Further information can be found in our material safety data sheet, which will be provided on request.
- The aforementioned remarks are deducted from the European legal system. Deviating or additional regulations in other legal systems must be observed accordingly when using the product.
Packaging & Availability
25 kgs cardboard box with PE liner, 12 boxes per CP2-pallet (net weight 300 kgs)
Storage & Handling
If kept properly under standard conditions (closed, dry, 25°C) the shelf life of BRUGGOLEN® H164 is at least 12 months. Protect against direct exposure of heat and moisture.