BRUGGOLEN® H321 is a blend of copper compounds, halides, and lubricants in the form of compacted granules. It neutralizes the harmful effects of high temperatures on polyamides. It is a classic copper, salt-based heat stabilizer that works to a temperature of 180°C by reacting with the degradation products that are formed during thermal processing or exposure to high temperatures, neutralizing their harmful effects and helping to preserve the integrity of the polymer.
Popular Brueggemann ProductsView All Brueggemann Products
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
Mixture of copper compound , halogen containing synergists and derivates of fatty acids
BRUGGOLEN® H321 Features & Benefits
- Powerful long-term protection
- Characteristic bluish or greenish color after conditioning
- Excellent quality and homogeneity via specific production know-how
- Variety of stabilizers to serve all customer requirements
Applications & Uses
- BRUGGOLEN® H321 is a very strong antioxidant for polyamides.
- For specific applications specially tailored BRUGGOLEN® - additives can be offered Engineering Polymers, as well as AP-NYLON® Caprolactam, the key component for Cast Polyamide 6.
- Note: The use of BRUGGOLEN® H321 leads to a characteristic green discoloration in polyamides. To avoid a dark brown or aubergine-colored discoloration refrained from using phosphites and sulfides.
Regulatory & Compliance
L.Brüggemann GmbH & Co. KG, Heilbronn, Germany, manufactures this product under the following certificates and assessments:
- DQS certified management system ISO 9001:2015 (Cert.-Reg.-No. 001499 QM15 UM15)
- DQS certified management system ISO 14001:2015 (Cert.-Reg.-No. 001499 QM15 UM15)
- DQS certified management system ISO 50001:2018 (Cert.-Reg.-No. 001499 EMSt18)
- BG-RCI certified management system ISO 45001:2018 and NLF / ILO-OSH 2001 (Reg.-No. RCI /08-010-23-11)
- Sustainability principles confirmed annually by EcoVadis
Technical Details & Test Data
- The addition to the polymer melt is best done by compounding on twin screw extrusion machines. Only this will lead to the desired optimum dispersion of the stabilizer in the compound. Dry blending of BRUGGOLEN® H320 along with polymer granules will not lead to an optimum dispersion of the additive in the melt during injection molding.
- However, to support the dispersion of BRUGGOLEN® H320 when making a dry-blend, it is recommended that our BRUGGOLEN® P60 as adhesive agent is used.
Safety & Health
- BRUGGOLEN® H321 is classified as hazardous acc. to the valid CLP-Regulation. Signal word: Danger
- H315 Causes skin irritation.
- H318 Causes serious eye damage.
- H317 May cause an allergic skin reaction.
- H372 Causes damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure.
- H412 Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
- Before commencement of operations a risk assessment must be carried out. To this end, and for ensuring the necessary protective measures, the associated safety data sheet must be noted. In addition, it must be checked whether the stated identified uses resp. specified application conditions in the safety data sheet are met. The aforementioned remarks are deducted from the European legal system. Deviating or additional regulations in other legal systems must be observed accordingly when using the product.
Packaging & Availability
25 kgs cardboard box with PE liner, 12 boxes per CP2-pallet (net weight 300 kgs).
Storage & Handling
- If kept properly under standard conditions (closed, dry, 25°C) the shelf life of BRUGGOLEN® H321 is at least 12 months.
- Protect against direct exposure of heat and moisture.