BRUGGOLEN® M1417 is our modifier for both chain build-up and chain disintegration. For example, with its “chain shortener”, the molecular weight of highly viscous polyamide wastes can be transformed into high-performance injection molding types, whose mechanical properties correspond to those of off-the-shelf new injection molded types of the same viscosity. Cost advantages included.
BRUGGOLEN® M1417 - Chain Breaking Agent for the recycling of High Viscous Polyamide Waste
Controlled and reproducible reduction of molecular weight:
- Exact adjustment of the relative viscosity to specified target values
- Upcycling to injection molding grades
- Generating flow properties and mechanical performance comparable to that of prime material
- Allowing cost advantages through the usability of scrap and waste material due to the reuse of waste material
- enabling recycling of cast nylon waste
Popular Brueggemann ProductsView All Brueggemann Products
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
BRUGGOLEN® M1417 Features & Benefits
- Adjustment of relative viscosity to levels required for injection molding
- Cost advantage as waste material can be used
- Generation of flow properties and mechanical performance comparable to that of prime material
Applications & Uses
- BRUGGOLEN® TP-M1417 is a chain modifier for polyamides. By a chemical reaction with polyamide during processing, the molecular weight of the polyamide can be decreased. One of the main applications is the upcycling of high viscosity polyamide waste to higher quality, injection molding, grade typically used for molding technical parts.
- For specific applications specially tailored BRUGGOLEN® - additives can be offered Engineering Polymers, as well as AP-NYLON® Caprolactam, the key component for Cast Polyamide 6.
The level of addition of BRUGGOLEN® TP-M1417 is 1.0 - 3.0%, depending on the polyamide source and the desired properties of the finished parts.
Regulatory & Compliance
L.Brüggemann GmbH & Co. KG, Heilbronn, Germany, manufactures this product under the following certificates and assessments:
- DQS certified management system ISO 9001:2015 (Cert.-Reg.-No. 001499 QM15 UM15)
- DQS certified management system ISO 14001:2015 (Cert.-Reg.-No. 001499 QM15 UM15)
- DQS attested energy management system ISO 50001:2018 (Cert.-Reg.-No. 001499 EMSt18)
- BG-RCI certified implementation of OSHAS 18001:2007 and ILO-OSH 2001 (Cert.-Reg.-No. RCI 08-010-21-01)
- Sustainability principles confirmed annually by EcoVadis
Technical Details & Test Data
The addition to the BRUGGOLEN® TP-M1417 granules is best done by compounding on twin screw extrusion machines. Please note: During compounding on the extruder there will be a decrease in the electrical power take-up as the viscosity drops.
Safety & Health
- BRUGGOLEN® TP-M1417 is classified and labeled according to the valid CLP regulation. Signal word: Warning
- H319 Causes serious eye irritation.
- Before commencement of operations a risk assessment must be carried out. To this end, and for ensuring the necessary protective measures, the associated safety data sheet must be noted. In addition, it must be checked whether the stated identified uses resp. specified application conditions in the safety data sheet are met.
- The aforementioned remarks are deducted from the European legal system. Deviating or additional regulations in other legal systems must be observed accordingly when using the product.
Packaging & Availability
20 kg alu-lined PE-bags, 40 bags per CP7-pallet (net weight 800 kgs)
Storage & Handling
- If kept properly under standard conditions (sealed, dry, 25°C) the shelf life of BRUGGOLEN® TP-M1417 is at least 12 months.
- Protect against direct exposure of heat and moisture.