BRUGGOLEN® P22 is a highly efficient nucleating agent for polyamides. The addition of Bruggolen® P22 to the polymer melt leads to fine particles which induce a very fine and homogeneous crystalline structure.
- Increases crystallinity
- Reduces cycle time during injection molding
- Improves dimensional stability - significant reduction of warping in GF-reinforced compounds
- Improves mechanical properties (tensile strength, stiffness, flexural modulus, etc.)
- Increases heat distortion temperature
- Non-volatile; non-extractable
Popular Brueggemann ProductsView All Brueggemann Products
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
BRUGGOLEN® P22 Features & Benefits
In injection molding the advantages are as follows:
- Reduction of overall cycle time, because of that higher production rates are achieved.
- Improved mold release
- Improved dimensional stability of the finished product
- Reduction of post-shrinkage of the finished product
- Prevention of stress cracking of the finished product
- Improvement of mechanical properties (Increase of tensile strength and stiffness)
These improved properties are also found in glass-fiber reinforced polyamides because of the essential more homogenous and finer crystalline structure of the polyamide matrix.
Applications & Uses
- When BRUGGOLEN® P22 is added to the polymer, the powder then act as very effective nucleating agents, inducing a very fine and homogenous crystalline structure.
- For specific applications specially tailored BRUGGOLEN® - additives can be offered Engineering Polymers, as well as AP-NYLON® Caprolactam, the key component for Cast Polyamide 6.
The level of addition of BRUGGOLEN® P22 is 0.05 – 0.2%, depending on the polymer and the desired properties of the finished parts.
Regulatory & Compliance
L.Brüggemann GmbH & Co. KG, Heilbronn, Germany, manufactures this product under the following certificates and assessments:
- DQS certified management system ISO 9001:2015 (Cert.-Reg.-No. 001499 QM15 UM15)
- DQS certified management system ISO 14001:2015 (Cert.-Reg.-No. 001499 QM15 UM15)
- DQS attested energy management system ISO 50001:2011 (Cert.-Reg.-No. 001499 EMSt14)
- BG-RCI certified implementation of OSHAS 18001:2007 and ILO-OSH 2001 (Reg.-No. RCI 08-010-21-01)
- EcoVadis with gold status attested principles of sustainability
Technical Details & Test Data
- The addition to the polyamide melt is best done by compounding on twin screw extrusion machines. Only this will lead to the desired optimum dispersion of the stabilizer in the compound. Dry blending of BRUGGOLEN® P22 along with polyamide granules will not lead to an optimum dispersion of the additive in the melt during injection molding.
- However, to support the dispersion of BRUGGOLEN® P22 when making a dry-blend, it is recommended that our BRUGGOLEN® P60 as adhesive agent is used.
Safety & Health
- BRUGGOLEN® P22 is not classified as hazardous according to the valid CLP-Regulation. However, this does not exclude that the product is hazardous in its application of a hazardous material within the meaning of the Ordinance on Hazardous Substances. Therefore, a risk assessment has to be carried out prior to commencing activities. In any case, the general rules for handling chemicals must be observed.
- The aforementioned remarks are deducted from the European legal system. Deviating or additional regulations in other legal systems must be observed accordingly when using the product.
Packaging & Availability
15 kgs cardboard box with PE liner, 12 boxes per CP2-pallet (net weight 180 kgs)
Storage & Handling
- If kept properly under standard conditions (closed, dry, 25°C) the shelf life of BRUGGOLEN® P22 is at least 12 months.
- Protect against direct exposure of heat and moisture.