BRUGGOLEN® P252 is a synergistic mixture of various nucleating and lubricating substances. It is our highly-efficient nucleating agent for polyesters.
- Reduction of cycle time during injection molding
- Improved dimensional stability - significant reduction of warping in GD-reinforced compounds
- Improves mechanical properties (tensile strength, stiffness, etc.)
- Increases heat distortion temperature
Ask Brueggemann Questions
Ask the Supplier
Popular Brueggemann ProductsView All Brueggemann Products
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
BRUGGOLEN® P252 Features & Benefits
In injection molding and extrusion, the following advantages are:
- Improved mold release
- Improved dimensional stability of the finished product
- Reduction of post–shrinkage of the finished product
- Prevention of stress cracking of the finished product
- Improved mechanical properties (Increase of tensile strength and stiffness)
Applications & Uses
- BRUGGOLEN® P252 is a very effective crystallization accelerator for all thermoplastic polyesters, inducing a very fine and homogenous crystalline structure.
- For specific applications specially tailored BRUGGOLEN® - additives can be offered Engineering Polymers, as well as AP-NYLON® Caprolactam, the key component for Cast Polyamide 6.
The recommended level of addition of BRUGGOLEN® P252 is 0.2 – 0.5%, depending on the polymer and the desired properties of the finished parts.
Regulatory & Compliance
L.Brüggemann GmbH & Co. KG, Heilbronn, Germany, manufactures this product under the following certificates and assessments:
- DQS certified management system ISO 9001:2015 (Cert.-Reg.-No. 001499 QM15 UM15)
- DQS certified management system ISO 14001:2015 (Cert.-Reg.-No. 001499 QM15 UM15)
- DQS attested energy management system ISO 50001:2011 (Cert.-Reg.-No. 001499 EMSt14)
- BG-RCI certified implementation of OSHAS 18001:2007 and ILO-OSH 2001 (Reg.-No. RCI 08-010-21-01)
- Sustainability principles confirmed annually by Ecovadis.
Technical Details & Test Data
- The addition to the polyester melt is best done by compounding on twin screw extrusion machines. Only this will lead to the desired optimum dispersion of the stabilizer in the compound. Dry blending of BRUGGOLEN® P252 along with polyester granules will not lead to an optimum dispersion of the additive in the melt during injection molding.
- However, to support the dispersion of BRUGGOLEN® P252 when making a dry-blend, it is recommended that our BRUGGOLEN® P60 as adhesive agent is used.
Safety & Health
BRUGGOLEN® P252 is not classified as hazardous according to the valid CLP-Regulation. However, this does not exclude that the product is hazardous in its application of a hazardous material within the meaning of the Ordinance on Hazardous Substances. Therefore, a risk assessment has to be carried out prior to commencing activities. In any case, the general rules for handling chemicals must be observed. Further information can be found in our material safety data sheet, which will be provided on request. The aforementioned remarks are deducted from the European legal system. Deviating or additional regulations in other legal systems must be observed accordingly when using the product.
Packaging & Availability
25 kgs cardboard box with PE liner, 12 boxes per CP2-pallet (net weight 300 kgs).
Storage & Handling
- If kept properly under standard conditions (closed, dry, 25°C) the shelf life of BRUGGOLEN® P252 is at least 12 months.
- Protect against direct exposure of heat and moisture.