Bruggolite® E28 offers improved performance for emulsion polymers requiring a reducing agent applied at a pH range of 2 - 4.
Advanced Formaldehyde Free Reducing Agents
Formaldehyde-free reducing agents from Brüggemann enable solutions for the latest technical challenges of environmental awareness, rising quality demands, and improved application performance. Our products and techniques enable emulsion polymer producers to improve efficiency with more sustainable raw materials. All offer the following attributes:
- Formaldehyde and VOC free
- Increased reactivity – better performance at lower dosage and time
- Low to zero residual free monomer level
- FDA Direct Food Contact Approval
- Dust-free micro granules
Popular Brueggemann ProductsView All Brueggemann Products
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
Bruggolite® E28 Features & Benefits
- Increased reactivity
- Faster reactions
- Higher safety due to reproducible performance
- Decrease of VOC’s
- Decrease of residual monomer content
- Technical advantages in the polymerization process
- Improved properties for end product polymers and latices
- No discoloration of latex
- No release of formaldehyde or any other VOC
- Better filtration of emulsion polymer
Applications & Uses
- Bruggolite® E28 can be used in redox systems in combination with all commonly used oxidizing agents.
- Bruggolite® E28 is typically applied in solution at a concentration of 3-5%.
- Bruggolite® E28 should be used at reaction temperatures between 40 and 85°C.
- Bruggolite® E28 is applicable over a broad pH range.
- The optimal range is pH 2 to 4.
- Vinyl acetate ethylene (VAE)
- Polyvinyl acetate (PVAC)
- Vinyl acetate - acrylic and maleic copolymers
- Acrylic and styrene acrylic copolymers (SA)
- Polycarboxylate ethers (PCE)
- Acrylics and acrylics ester latex (ACM)
- Carboxylated latex (X-SBR, X-NBR)
- Polyvinyl chloride (ePVC, PVDC, PVDF)
- Acrylonitrile/Butadiene/Styrene terpolymer (ABS)
- Special copolymers
- Binders for paints and coatings
- Building and construction chemicals
- Polymers for printing inks
- Polymers for paper coating
- Leather auxiliaries
- Latex foams
- Thickening agents
- Polymeric surfactants
- Flocculants for water treatment
- Non wovens
Regulatory & Compliance
Bruggolite® E28 has FDA food contact notification with respect to the following chapters:
- §175.105 “Adhesives”
- §175.125 “Pressure Sensitive Adhesives”
- §177.2600 “Rubber articles for repeated use”
- §176.170 “Paper and board / aqueous and fatty food”
- §176.180 “Paper and board / dry food”
- §175.300 “Resinous and polymeric coatings”
- §175.320 “Resinous and polymeric coatings for polyolefin films”
Safety & Health
- BRUGGOLITE®E28 is not classified as hazardous according to the valid CLP-Regulation. However, this does not exclude that the product is hazardous in its application of a hazardous material within the meaning of the Ordinance on Hazardous Substances. Therefore, a risk assessment has to be carried out prior to commencing activities. In any case, the general rules for handling chemicals must be observed.
- The aforementioned remarks are deducted from the European legal system. Deviating or additional regulations in other legal systems must be observed accordingly when using the product.
Packaging & Availability
Bruggolite® E28 is supplied in 25 kg PE bags. Standard delivery form is 20 bags/500 kg on a CP5 pallet.
Storage & Handling
- BRUGGOLITE®E28 has a significantly increased reactivity compared to other reducing agents resulting in a higher sensitivity to ambient moisture.
- In unopened packaging Brüggemann guarantees a shelf life of at least 24 months if stored properly (25°C / dry).
- BRUGGOLITE®E28 must not be stored together with oxidizing substances or acids.
- Opened packaging, especially laboratory samples, should be closed tightly after use and stored under cool and dry conditions.