Crosolv™ 30 is a low VOC green solvents that are readily biodegradable, safe, VOC exempt environmentally friendly solvents targeted for household and I&I aqueous cleaning formulations. Crosolv performs exceptionally well against greasy soils and is effective at low use rates of 0.3-3% when combined with non-ionic surfactants. Crosolv can also be used neat or as a dilutable concentrate with higher surfactant levels.
Ask Croda Questions
Ask the Supplier
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
Crosolv™ 30 Features & Benefits
- Readily biodegradable, safe, VOC exempt green solvents
- Bio-based content of 40% - 80% depending on manufacturing site
- Safe, green replacements for glycol ethers in aqueous cleaners
- Effective at levels of 0.3 – 3% combined with NatSurf 265 or other surfactant
- Used neat or as dilutable concentrate with higher surfactant levels
Applications & Uses
- Household and I&I aqueous cleaning formulations
- Safe replacements for traditional glycol ethers and d-limonene
- Crosolv 30 - targeted at heavy duty cleaning of greasy soils
Regulatory & Compliance
Technical Details & Test Data
Crosolv 30 have low solubility in pure water, <0.1% by weight, however, they are easily solubilised in surfactant solutions, especially using non-ionic cleaning surfactants such as NatSurf™ 265 or Brij™ L7.
Minimum ratio of surfactant/solvent to solubilise green solvent in water
|Green solvent In formulation||NatSurf 265||Brij L7|
|Crosolv 30||3.5 : 1||4.5 : 1|
The NatSurf 265/Crosolv blend represents a powerful degreasing combination!
Additional testing was completed to compare the enhanced cleaning on pure crude oil. In this test Weatherford crude was spread on steel panels that were then submerged in a solution of NatSurf 265 + Crosolv 30 blend and NatSurf 265 alone. As shown in Figure 5, the panel submerged in the solution of NatSurf 265 + Crosolv 30 blend showed significantly faster cleaning. Crosolv 30 enables fast, safe cleaning with aqueous based systems
Figure 5: Crude Oil removal by 10% total active solutions of NatSurf 265 & Crosolv blend vs NatSurf 265