Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality+
Features & Benefits+
- Readily biodegradable, safe, VOC exempt green solvents
- Bio-based content of 40% - 80% depending on manufacturing site
- Safe, green replacements for glycol ethers in aqueous cleaners
- Effective at levels of 0.3 – 3% combined with NatSurf 265 or other surfactant
- Used neat or as dilutable concentrate with higher surfactant levels
Applications & Uses+
- Household and I&I aqueous cleaning formulations
- Safe replacements for traditional glycol ethers and d-limonene
- Crosolv 50 - targeted at lighter duty cleaning of greasy/mixed soils
Technical Details & Test Data+
Crosolv 50 have low solubility in pure water, <0.1% by weight, however, they are easily solubilised in surfactant solutions, especially using non-ionic cleaning surfactants such as NatSurf™ 265 or Brij™ L7.
Minimum ratio of surfactant/solvent to solubilise green solvent in water
|Green solvent In formulation||NatSurf 265||Brij L7|
|Crosolv 50||2 : 1||2 : 1|
The NatSurf 265/Crosolv blend represents a powerful degreasing combination!
Additional crude oil soil testing was conducted with Crosolv 50 where it was post-added to three commercial cleaners (and the Green Cleaner) at 1%. All formulations were clear and stable. As shown in Figure 4, the addition of Crosolv 50 to all the commercial cleaners led to a significant enhancement of cleaning performance of oily soil compared to cleaner alone.
Figure 4: Performance enhancement of commercial cleaners by addition of 1% Crosolv 50
A Sheen Scrub Test was conducted to compare the cleaning performance of Crosolv 50 and a competitor green solvent when added to the Green Cleaner formulation at 1%. Performance was also compared to propylene glycol n-butyl ether at 1% (a benchmark solvent widely used in aqueous cleaning formulations) and the Green Cleaner alone. Results are shown in Figure 8.
Figure 8: A Green Cleaner with 1% Crosolv 50 demonstrated a slightly better cleaning result over a competitor green solvent replacement and significantly better cleaning than glycol ether or the Green Cleaner control.