Ask Dawe's Laboratories Questions
Ask the Supplier
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
KOAGULONE® -A Features & Benefits
To help compensate for Vitamins A and K, which are no longer available in adequate amounts because of depressed feed consumption or increased needs.
- Vitamin A is needed to maintain the structure and function of epithelial, mucous and glandular tissues. It is essential for healthy eyes, sustained growth and reproduction. When livestock and poultry are recovering from worm infestation, Vitamin A aids in the recovery by promoting the healing of damaged intestinal tissue.
- Vitamin A is particularly beneficial assisting in the recovery from coccidiosis and CRD.
Symptoms and conditions of Vitamin A deficiency:
- Xerophthalmia (advance stages of night blindness, cloudiness and dry condition of the cornea and conjunctiva)
- Nervous disorders (Poor coordination, paralysis and severe spasms)
- Malformations in newborn pigs due to sow deficiencies (hairlip, cleft palate)
- Lameness (Weakened bone structure)
- Reproductive Problems
Vitamin K is essential for the maintenance of normal blood coagulation, and is necessary for the formation of prothrombin which is involved in the blood clotting process.
Symptoms and conditions of Vitamin K deficiency:
- Excessive bleeding in young pigs
- Hemorrhagic Syndrome (Large hemorrhages under skin, blood in urine and abnormal breathing).
- Prolonged blood clotting time
- KOAGULONE® is a specially designed Vitamin A and K supplement for the livestock and poultry industry. Dawe's Laboratories has spent years researching, developing and improving the product for commercial use.
- Its excellent solubility makes it popular as a water dispersible product. It remains in suspension and mixes readily important considerations if you are using a water proportioner in your flock or herd.
- If you are using a water proportioner, you also will like the new concentrated package. Simply add one pack of KOAGULONE®-A to a gallon of water proportioner solution and you have the assurance of adequate Vitamin A and K levels. No need for measuring cups, gauges or half-empty packets.
Applications & Uses
In the presence of molds or fungi, when sulfa drugs are used, during hemorrhagic conditions, outbreaks or coccidiosis, blood spots or navel bleeding.
Mix 1 packet per 128 gallons of water. For water proportioners delivering 1 oz. of stock solution per gallon of drinking water, mix 1 packet per gallon. See packet for complete directions. Prepare fresh solutions daily.
A 60 gm. packet will supplement the following poultry and livestock daily (In hot weather with higher water consumption, divide the above numbers in half)
|15+ weeks||750 - 800|
|Laying Hens (Summer)||1400|
|Dairy Cattle||5 - 10|
|Lambs (Feedlot)||125 - 250|
|Horses||10 - 15|
Over the years KOAGULONE®-A has been improved tomeet the ever-changing requirements of the commercial producer. Our new, concentrated packet makes it easy for you to add KOAGULONE-A to your water, whether you use a water tank or a water proportioner.
- Water Tank or Trough
Use one packet of KOAGULONE® -A in 128 gallons of drinking water. First mix the packet in one gallon of water forming a stock solution and then disperse the stock solution throughout the tank or trough.
- Water Proportioners
Dissolve one packet of KOAGULONE® -A in a gallon of water to make a stock solution for water proportioners delivering one ounce of stock solution per gallon of drinking water. In order to ensure a constant source of high Vitamin A and K levels, prepare fresh solutions daily.
Length of Usage
- Use KOAGULONE® -A for two to five days for all specified conditions. When poultry are debeaked, it is advisable to administer one day before and two days after.
- KOAGULONE®-A is compatible with most drug treatments.
- Make KOAGULONE®-A available both during and after drug therapy.
NOTE: Sulfa drugs may destroy Vitamin K activity.Use
- KOAGULONE®-A to replenish Vitamin K levels whensulfa treatment is stopped.
Packaging & Availability
- 60 gm foil packets
- 100 packets per pail