Supplier: Delavie Sciences
Bacillus Lysate has significant UV-shielding properties in greater ranges than current UV filters. Bacillus Lysate’s broad- spectrum technology demonstrates absorbing/blocking properties in the HEV and near IR wavelengths. As the first biological product certified by the Space Foundation, Bacillus Lysate is a safer, natural alternative to the harmful chemicals used in most sunscreens.
INCI Name: Bacillus Lysate
Function: Antioxidant, UV Absorber
Ingredient Origin: Biotechnology
Labeling Claims: Natural
Certifications & Compliance: Certified Space Technology
Benefit Claims: Skin Barrier, Anti-Aging, Long Lasting Protection, Inhibition of Free Radical Formation, Antioxidant Properties, Long Lasting, UV Protection, SPF Enhancement, UV Absorption, Soothing, Restoring
Available upon quote
Minimum Order Quantity
Ask Delavie Sciences Questions
Ask the Supplier
Delavie Sciences Bacillus Lysate Brochure
Delavie Sciences Bacillus Lysate BrochureBrochure
Technical Data Sheet
Delavie Sciences Bacillus Lysate Technical Data Sheet
Delavie Sciences Bacillus Lysate Technical Data SheetTechnical Data Sheet
Safety Data Sheet
Delavie Sciences Bacillus Lysate Safety Data Sheet
Delavie Sciences Bacillus Lysate Safety Data SheetSafety Data Sheet
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
Isolated from bacteria exposed to prolonged UV radiation on the International Space Station.
Delavie Sciences Bacillus Lysate Features & Benefits
Applications & Uses
Bath & Shower Applications
- Hair care products
- Face wash/scrubs
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|pH||6.5 - 7.5||-||-|
|Flash Point||min. 93||°C||-|
|Total Ash Content||0.12||%||-|
|UV Absorption Spectrum (HEV, UBA, UVB ranges)||300 - 1000||nm||-|
|Microbiological Testing (Sterile Product)||max. 10||CFU/ml||-|
|Critical Wavelength (Broadspectrum)||388.87||nm min||-|
Regulatory & Compliance
Technical Details & Test Data
Effect on Skin Microbiome-Associated Bacteria
- Bacterial Strains
- A: Staphylococcus epidermidis ATCC® 35984™
- B: Staphylococcus aureus ATCC® 25923™
- C: Cutibacterium acnes ATCC® 6919™
- Experimental Design
- 4.5 mL test tubes of TSB (control) or TSB + 2% Bacillus Lysate were inoculated with bacterial culture, then incubated at 37 °C, 225 RPM and their absorbance values recorded over time.
- 2% Bacillus Lysate maintained the viability of the microorganisms after 15 hours of incubation. Bacillus Lysate did not inhibit the growth of skin microbiome associated bacteria; it is a microbiome- friendly ingredient.
- Increases broad-spectrum UV-absorbing properties of consumer products
- Provides a safe, natural alternative to chemicals that may negatively impact human health and the environment
- Testing was conducted using a 96 well microtiter plate reader,and confirmed via third party using a Shimadzu UV-3600 UV-VIS-NIR spectrophotometer. Bacillus Lysate samples were suspended in diH2O.
- Oxybenzone concentration is the FDA-established limit as an additive to skin care products.
- In vivo SPF boosting of Bacillus Lysate when added to a sun- screen containing octocrylene, homosalate & avobenzone.
- 3.5% Bacillus Lysate Boosts SPF >50%
- 7.0% Bacillus Lysate Boosts SPF >75%
Packaging & Availability
250g, 750g or as requested
Storage & Handling
- Unopened 3 months at 2 - 8°C
- 6 months at -20°C