Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
Dipropylene glycol methyl ether
DOWANOL™ DPM Glycol Ether Features & Benefits
Applications & Uses
- Coupling agent (often in blends) for water-based dilutable coatings.
- Active solvent for solvent-based coatings.
- Coupling agent and solvent in household and industrial cleaners, grease and paint removers, metal cleaners, and hard surface cleaners.
- Tail solvent for solvent-based gravure and flexographic printing inks.
- Primary solvent in solvent-based silk screen printing inks.
- Coupling agent in solvent blends for water-based gravure, flexographic, and Silk screen, printing inks.
- Coupling agent and solvent for vat dyeing fabrics.
- Stabilizer for agricultural herbicides.
- Coalescent for floor polishes and finishes
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Evaporation Rate (n-butyl acetate = 1.0)||0.035||-||-|
|Flammable Limits (Lower)||1.1||vol%||-|
|Flammable Limits (Upper)||14||vol%||-|
|Flash Point||75/167||°C/°F||Setaflash Closed Cup|
|Freezing Point||-83 (-117)||°C/°F||-|
|Hansen Solubility Parameters (Dispersion)||15.5||(J/cm³)½||-|
|Hansen Solubility Parameters (Hydrogen bond)||11.5||(J/cm³)½||-|
|Hansen Solubility Parameters (Polar)||4||(J/cm³)½||-|
|Heat of Vaporization (at normal boiling point)||267||J/g||-|
|Liquid Density (at 20°C)||0.953||g/cm³||-|
|Liquid Density (at 25°C)||0.948||g/cm³||-|
|Net Heat of Combustion (predicted at 25°C)||27.2||kJ/g||-|
|Partition Coefficient (n-octonol/water)||1.01||log Pow||-|
|Solubility (at 25°C Solvent in Water)||100||g/100||-|
|Specific Gravity (at 25/25°C)||0.951||-||-|
|Specific Heat (at 25°C)||2.25||J/g/°C||-|
|Surface Tension (at 20°C, 1000 mg/L)||68.7||dynes/cm or mN/m||-|
|Vapor Density (air = 1)||5.11||-||-|
|Vapor Pressure (at 20°C - extrapolated)||0.28/37.1||mmHg/Pa||-|
|Viscosity (at 25°C)||3.7||cP or mPa.s||-|
|Boiling Point (760 mmHg, 1.01 bar)||190/374||°C/°F||-|
Regulatory & Compliance
|NZIoC (New Zealand)||34590-94-8|
Safety & Health
Dow encourages its customers and potential users to review their applications from the standpoint of human health and environmental aspects. To help ensure that Dow products are not used in ways for which they are not intended or tested, Dow personnel will assist customers in dealing with environmental and product safety considerations. Dow literature, including Material Safety Data Sheets, should be consulted prior to the use.