A bio-derived & biodegradable cationic cellulosic polymer that can be used as principal conditioning agent or in combination with other conditioning ingredients in conditioners, leave-on products and shampoos.
Features & Benefits
- Provides equivalent hair conditioning to some silicones
- Enhances dry and wet hair combing especially on damaged hair
- Restores hair hydrophobicity
- Reduces hair breakage
- Improves hair alignment and manageability
- Enhances silicone deposition on hair especially on damaged hair
- Provides soft styling benefit (ie. curl retention) in leave-on formulations
- Ease of formulation – no emulsification needed
- Enables clear products
- Acts as rheology modifier
- Helps increase natural content of formulation
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
UCARE™ Extreme Polymer Features & Benefits
Applications & Uses
Areas of potential use for UCARE™ Extreme Polymer encompass a wide range of cosmetic and toiletry applications such as:
- Rinse-off conditioners
- Leave-on conditioners
- Styling products
- Body washes
There are two methods for preparing UCARE™ Extreme Polymer for incorporation into formulation.
Direct addition to the aqueous phase:
- UCARE™ Extreme Polymer can be incorporated into the aqueous phase of the formulation directly without pre-dissolving in water.
Prior polymer hydration:
- Hydration of the polymer is accomplished by slowly adding the dry powder into agitated room temperature water and allowing it to mix until the solution is uniform and clear.
- Hydration can be accelerated by heating the solution to 65°C.
- Once the polymer is fully hydrated, simply add the solution directly to the surfactant system blend with mixing.
- Hydration may be accomplished separately or as a first step in the manufacturing procedure.
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Ash Content||max. 4||wt%||-|
|Nitrogen Content||1.50 - 2.20||wt%||-|
|Particle Size (Through 20 mesh, < 841 micron)||95 - 100||%||-|
|Viscosity (1% aqueous solution, Brookfield 30 rpm)||3000-7000||cP||-|
|Volatiles Content||max. 0.6||wt%||-|
Regulatory & Compliance
Technical Details & Test Data
- This product is neither tested nor represented as suitable for medical or pharmaceutical uses.
Safety & Health
- To support customers in their product safety needs, Dow has an extensive Product Stewardship organization and a team of product safety and regulatory compliance specialists available in each area.
- For further information, please see our website, dow.com or consult your local Dow representative.
- Dow strongly encourages its customers to review both their manufacturing processes and their applications of Dow products from the standpoint of human health and environmental quality to ensure that Dow products are not used in ways for which they are not intended or tested. Dow personnel are available to answer your questions and to provide reasonable technical support. Dow product literature, including safety data sheets, should be consulted prior to use of Dow products. Current safety data sheets are available from Dow.
- Dow has a fundamental concern for all who make, distribute, and use its products, and for the environment in which we live. This concern is the basis for our product stewardship philosophy by which we assess the safety, health, and environmental information on our products and then take appropriate steps to protect employee and public health and our environment. The success of our product stewardship program rests with each and every individual involved with Dow products - from the initial concept and research, to manufacture, use, sale, disposal, and recycle of each product.
Storage & Handling
Product safety information required for safe use is not included in this document. Before handling, read Product and Safety data sheets and container labels for safe use, physical and health hazard information. The safety data sheet is available on the dow website at dow.com, or from your dow sales application engineer, or distributor, or by calling dow customer service.
- Store in a dry place. Protect from atmospheric moisture. Avoid prolonged exposure to heat and air. When stored at or below 25°C in the original unopened containers, this product has a usable life of 24 months from the date of production.
- Dispose in accordance with all local, state (provincial) and federal regulations. Empty containers may contain hazardous residues. This material and its container must be disposed in a safe and legal manner.
- It is the user’s responsibility to verify that treatment and disposal procedures comply with local, state (provincial) and federal regulations. Contact your Dow Technical Representative for more information.