This product delivers light to strong conditioning to hair and controlled deposit of actives. It also enables the formulation of clear shampoos with no build-up on hair and avoids volume-down effects and is recommended for shampoos with submicron particle size silicones or those without silicones.
Features & Benefits
- Substantive to hair and skin
- Medium to strong conditioning
- Enables deposition of silicone
- Minimal build-up on hair, volume friendly
- Hair repair
- Split end mending from anionic and amphoteric shampoo systems
- Can be formulated into clear shampoo systems
- Can be formulated into opacified shampoo systems
Ask Dow North America Questions
Ask the Supplier
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
UCARE(TM) Polymer JR-30M Features & Benefits
Applications & Uses
- UCARE™ polymers are used in a diverse number of applications across both hair and skin care. Perhaps the most notable for the UCARE™ JR-30M Polymer is its ability to provide substantive conditioning from shampoo systems.
There are two basic methods for preparing UCARE™ Polymers for incorporation into your formulation.
Prior Polymer Hydration
- Hydration of the polymer is accomplished by slowly adding the dry powder into agitated room temperature water and allowing it to mix until the solution is uniform and clear.
- Hydration can be accelerated by heating the solution to 65°C. Once the polymer is fully hydrated, simply add the solution directly to the surfactant system blend with mixing.
- Hydration may be accomplished separately or as a first step in the manufacturing procedure.
Addition with Co-Solvents
- A slurry of the dry powder may be made in a non-aqueous, water soluble, co-solvent (such as propylene glycol, glycerin, low molecular weight CARBOWAX™ Polyethylene Glycols, or Methyl Gluceth-10 or -20).
- The slurry can then be mixed into the water or directly into the surfactant blend.
- Hydration can be accelerated by heating the solution to 65°C.
- The co-solvent "wets" the polymer and allows it to be more easily dispersed, thus increasing the rate of hydration whether it is in the water or directly put into the surfactant blend.
Regulatory & Compliance
Technical Details & Test Data
This product is neither tested nor represented as suitable for medical or pharmaceutical uses.
Safety & Health
- To support customers in their product safety needs, Dow has an extensive Product Stewardship organization and a team of product safety and regulatory compliance specialists available in each area.
- For further information, please see our website, consumer.dow.com or consult your local Dow representative.
Storage & Handling
- Product safety information required for safe use is not included in this document. Before handling, read Product and Safety data sheets and container labels for safe use, physical and health hazard information. The safety data sheet is available on the dow website at dow.com, or from your dow sales application engineer, or distributor, or by calling dow customer service.
Store in a dry place. Protect from atmospheric moisture. Avoid prolonged exposure to heat and air.