ALPAFLOR® ALP-SEBUM CB
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality+
Features & Benefits+
- ALPAFLOR® -ALP-SEBUM CB, our sustainable, organic prebiotic to reduce skin oiliness and balance the microbiome.
- It moderates sebum production, the main cause of oily skin, by inhibiting the key enzyme 5-α-reductase.
- New studies show that this skin active not only helps reduce sebum levels but also strongly modulates the key bacteria on all facial areas, restoring skin's healthy appearance.
- This bioactive ingredient is COSMOS, NATRUE organic certified and fair trade for Life.
- Unique glacier willowherb species, Epilobium fleischeri, sustainably, fairly and organically cultivated.
- Outstanding facial colour mapping showing a Sebum production decrease in all facial areas (-17%), with a strong focus on forehead and cheek, after 4 weeks.
- Microbiome balancing activities, downregulating troublesome bacteria such as Staphylococcus capitis and stimulating beneficial skin bacteria like Staphylococcus epidermidis and Micrococcus yunnanensis.
- Inhibition of 5-α-reductase is the most efficient biological way to decrease sebum production (-56% after 2 months in vivo study).
- Multifunctional organic prebiotic bioactive (against oily skin, enlarged pores, sensitive skin and acne-prone skin)
- Delivers sustainable visible mattified skin with less oil and sebum
- Restores the skin’s healthy appearance
- Soothes the skin
- Reduces spots, leads to visibly clearer and cleaner skin, for blemish care
- Helps to solve Maskne issue while wearing mask
Applications & Uses+
Regulatory & Compliance+
Technical Details & Test Data+
Sebum production is regulated in the sebaceous glands by hormones such as testosterone and dihydrotestosterone (DHT). The inhibition of 5α-reductase is the most efficient way to visibly decrease sebum production. Studies demonstrated that the application of ALPAFLOR® ALP-SEBUM CB significantly inhibits the activity of 5α-reductase and reduces the sebum production, which leads to a visibly clearer skin.
In our latest research, our experts found that ALPAFLOR® ALP-SEBUM CB down-regulates Cutibacterium acnes levels thus helping to reduce sebum over-production and to control oiliness on prominent areas of the face such as the forehead.
By influencing Cutibacterium acnes levels in the skin microbiome as well as sebum production, DSM’s ALPAFLOR® -ALP-SEBUM CB is a powerful skin care ingredient for reducing oiliness and achieving beautiful-looking skin.
Oily skin – it’s not just the T-zone
Thanks to 3D facial color mapping, we can show that sebum distribution is more complex than just the T-zone – which goes to show that when it comes to targeting oily skin, what’s needed is an effective all-rounder ingredient! In our new study, we’ve demonstrated that the organic skin care active ingredient ALPAFLOR® ALP-SEBUM CB helps reduce sebum levels on all facial areas after 4 weeks, leaving skin less oily and more mattified.