Discover a new level of protection for an ultimate skin sensation. ALPAFLOR® EDELWEISS EP is a Leontopodium alpinum'Helvetia' extract cultivated at high altitude in the Swiss Alps, ensuring a maximum content of active compounds such as leontopodic acid. In vitro and in vivo it supports the skin's crucial protective barrier, enhancing its resistance to external stress factors and providing an ultimate skin sensation. The product is based on vegetal glycerin and preserved with sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate. It is ECOCERT, COSMOS, and NATRUE organic certified, and Fair Trade approved by Ecocert Environnement. ALPAFLOR® EDELWEISS EP is a clear to slightly opalescent, amber to brown colored, slightly viscous liquid. For detailed regulatory or quality information, please contact the supplier.
Ask DSM Questions
Ask the Supplier
Message our experts with questions
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
ALPAFLOR® EDELWEISS EP Features & Benefits
- Contains high levels of leontopodic acid
- In vitro stimulates several key genes and proteins responsible for epidermal protection (including transglutaminase 1, involucrin, loricrin, and keratins)
- Rebalances UV-induced oxidative and proinflammatory stress markers on the gene level
- Strong antioxidant, radical scavenging, and DNA protection properties
- Unique Edelweiss variety Leontopodium alpinum 'Helvetia', sustainably and organically cultivated according to Bio Suisse organic standards and fair trade principles
- Supports skin's crucial protective barrier, enhancing its resistance to environmental influence.
- Helps the skin preserve its natural balance, perceptibly reducing skin sensitivity
- Provides a new level of protection for an ultimate sensation of skin comfort.
- 3 out of 4 consumers report a more comfortable skin feel