Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality+
Features & Benefits+
Dairy profits are increased if fertility is improved, because:
- Shorter calving intervals mean higher milk yields and more calf sales
- Replacement costs are lower, as more cows get back in calf
- Semen, labor and veterinary costs are reduced
- Cows complete lactations in better condition
Several factors contribute to low fertility, but poor ovarian function is the root cause of many of these. It is here that ROVIMIX® β-Carotene makes a big difference.
β-Carotene is found in high concentrations in the ovary and plays a direct role in ovarian function. Cows with low β-carotene levels therefore tend to have poor fertility and stand to benefit from supplementation.
Diets based on corn silage and cereal grains contain particularly low levels of β-carotene. It is especially helpful to supplement these with ROVIMIX® β-Carotene, which:
- Increases ovulation rates and heat expression
- Raises progesterone levels, which in turn reduces embryo mortality rates
- Improves embryo quality
The result is stronger heat behavior and improved reproductive efficiency. Pregnancy rates have been shown to increase from 11% to 22%, with calving intervals reduced by up to 30 days.
Cows whose diets are supplemented with ROVIMIX® β-Carotene also have increased production of fat-corrected milk.
Feeding ROVIMIX® β-Carotene to dry cows results in better colostrum. This improves the health of calves by reducing the incidence of pneumonia and diarrhea.
Commercial farm trials show that supplementing the diet of dairy cows with ROVIMIX® β-Carotene can produce a return on investment of more than 8:1.
- Superior Product Quality
- Outstanding Mixability
- Supports Optimum Fertility
- Enriches b-Carotene in the Colostrum
- Supports Optimum Calf Health
- Penetrates the follicle
- Improves follicle quality
- Precursor of vitamin A in the follicle
- Mode of action is independent of vitamin A
- Improves fertility rate
- Reduces service interval
- Protects the mucosa
Applications & Uses+
ROVIMIX® ß-Carotene, which is widely used in ruminant diets, is formulated to provide:
- High stability in mineral and specialty feeds
- High bioavailability
- Optimum particle size with low dust
- Improved performance and higher profits
|b-Carotene mg per head per day||ROVIMIX® b-Carotene 10% mg per head per day||When|
|Dairy cows||300-500||3000-5000||28 days prior to calving until pregnancy is confirmed|
|Calves (milk replacer)||100||1000||For the first 3 weeks of milk feeding|
Technical Details & Test Data+
β-Carotene content in forage and blood samples
- Forage has a wide and unpredictable b-Carotene concentration
- Corn silage has a negligible b-Carotene concentration
Plasma samples were taken during the dry period and early lactation from dairy cows fed maize silage based diets. The average b-Carotene content was 1.1 µg/ml which is significantly below the suggested optimum level of > 3.5 µg/ml. 75% of samples were classified as deficient, 23% were marginal and only 1% were in the optimum range.
Reported Field Trials
|b-Carotene mg per head per day||Costs per cow per year||Return on investment|
|Improved fertility and calf health||500||30||5 : 1|