Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality+
Features & Benefits+
- Air drying
- Avoidance of stick-slip
- High aging resistance
- Fast air-drying and curing
- Will not attract contaminants
Applications & Uses+
- For metal/metal combinations with slow to medium fast movements and high loads.
- Suitable for the permanent lubrication of highly stressed sliding guides with low sliding speeds, oscillating movements or intermittent operation.
- Improving the running-in process and for lubrication under high vacuum and at extreme temperatures.
- Used successfully for cylinder-head bolts, toaster guides, car mirror adjustment mechanisms, high voltage switches, for the running-in of highly stressed gear wheel.
- Emergency lubricant for parts of the rotor head of wind energy installations and for groove-free cold extrusion of steel.
- Aerosol delivery allows for lubrication of hard-to-reach spaces
- Excellent for lubrication of parts that experience high initial wear when
breaking in new or rebuilt equipment.
First clean and degrease the surface which will be coated with Molykote® D-321 R Anti-Friction Coating. Phosphatization or sandblasting (180 grit) increases the adhesion and service life
How to apply
Stir Molykote D-321 R Anti-Friction Coating thoroughly before applying by spraying or brushing.
Recommended dry film thickness: 5 to 20 µm.
After 5 minutes at 23°C the applied film of Molykote D-321 R AntiFriction Coating is touch-dry; this process time can be reduced to 1 minute exposing the coated part to hot air at 80°C.
After a curing time period of 2 hours at 23°C the dry film of Molykote D-321 R Anti-Friction Coating can perform the best lubrication properties.
Thinning can be carried out using Molykote® L 13 Thinner.
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Service Temperature Range||-180 to +450||°C||-|
Regulatory & Compliance+
Technical Details & Test Data+
This product is neither tested nor represented as suitable for medical or pharmaceutical uses.
Packaging & Availability+
Storage & Handling+
When stored at or below 20°C in the original unopened containers, Molykote D-321 R Anti-Friction Coating has a usable life of 24 months from the date of production.