Popular DuPont ProductsView All DuPont Products
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
Tedlar® TPVF-116M PVF POLY Features & Benefits
DuPont™ Tedlar® protective film offers attractive, easy-to-clean, stain- and scuff-resistant surface protection to transportation interiors and exteriors. Tedlar® can stand up to the harshest industrial cleaning products, including bleach, eliminating the need for repainting and reducing maintenance costs.
Tedlar® film gives transportation exteriors the ability to withstand daily washing and allows unsightly stains from dirt, bird dirt, unwanted ink, grease and oil to easily be wiped away, preserving the look and color for years.
Tedlar® film can withstand daily washing and frequent brushes from roadside vegetation. Able to resist stains, chemicals and even the weather, Tedlar® ensures long-lasting protection, with little maintenance required.
Tedlar® film is available in transparent, translucent and opaque pigments that can both shield UV radiation and resist fading and color shifts for many years to come.
- Provide a protective barrier against most staining agents and cleaning solvents, including: bleach, alcohols, ketones (acetone, MEK) and even strong acids and alkalis.
- Non-flammable and low smoke toxicity
- Used in aircrafts; Exceed the ASTM E84 Class A rating.
Mold and Bacteria resistance
- Tedlar® is naturally flexible and does not need processing aids or additives (plasticizers) that provide nutrients for mold or bacteria growth.
- Tedlar® surface has been tested and certified using ASTM G21, JIS Z 2801, and ISO 846:2019(E). Results indicate that the films do not contain nutritive components for the bacteria or fungi tested to grow.
- Stain resistant to various species in healthcare environment, easy to clean completely after 24h dwell time.
Indoor Air Quality
- Maybe be able to receive UL Greenguard GOLD for Low VOC and Mold Resistant. Tedlar currently have certificates for Wallcoverings.
UV Light Resistant
- PVF does not absorb UV radiation and maintains low color change when exposed to UVA, UVB, or UVC light for sterilization.
Versatile Design and Enduring style
- PVF is naturally transparent with low color.
- Color is stable during use in harsh environments.
- Scrub resistant surfaces are ideal for high traffic areas
Applications & Uses
- Commercial trucks
- Marine vessels
- Brake tube coatings
- Similar to Aircraft, passenger rail seems similar traffic flow of customers through the doors daily.
- The overall durability, stain resistance, and cleanability make Tedlar® ideal for many different areas inside and outside a rail car.
- Tedlar® has great thermoformability making it ideal for manufacturing interior sidewalls.
Potential Application Areas:
- Ceiling panels
- Graphics and Signage
- Interior insultation
- Seats casing and backsides
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Coefficient of Friction (Film on Metal)||0.18 - 0.21||-||ASTM D1894|
|Falling Sand Erosion (on PET Backing)||04-Aug||L/µm||ASTM D968|
|Falling Sand Erosion (on PET Backing)||4-8||L/µm||ASTM D968|
|Impact Strength||45 - 89||J/mm||ASTM D3420|
|Moisture Absorption (for most types)||max. 0.5||%||Water Immersion|
|Optical Transmission of Clear Films||93||%||ASTM D1003|
|Refractive Index of Clear Films||1.46||-||ASTM D542|
|Shore Hardness||D60 - D70||-||ASTM D2240|
|Strain at Break||90 - 250||%||ASTM D882|
|Tear Strength (Initial)||100 - 200||N/mm||ASTM D1004|
|Tear Strength (Propagated)||5.9 - 24||N/mm||ASTM D1922|
|Tensile Modulus||2.1 - 2.6||GPa||ASTM D882|
|Ultimate Strength||55 - 110||MPa||ASTM D882|
|Yield Strength||34 - 41||MPa||ASTM D882|
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Coefficient of Thermal Expansion||5 - 10 x 10^-5||m/m·K||ASTM D696|
|Lower Glass Transition Temperature||15 to -20||°C||Various|
|Peak Melting Temperature||190 - 210||°C||ASTM E1269|
|Relative Thermal Index - Electrical Strength||140||°C||UL 746B|
|Relative Thermal Index - Mechanical Impact||120||°C||UL 746B|
|Relative Thermal Index - Mechanical Strength||125||°C||UL 746B|
|Specific Heat Capacity||1.0 - 1.1||kJ/kg*K||ASTM E1269|
|Temperature Range (continuous use)||-70 to 105||°C||-|
|Upper Glass Transition Temperature||40 - 50||°C||Various|