AERAFIN™ 180 Polymer
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality+
Features & Benefits+
- Compatibility with an array of hydrocarbon tackifying resins
- Excellent thermal stability
- Good adhesion with excellent peel strength
- In formulation, enables a robust adhesive system with a broad processing window and sprayability at temperatures as low as 130°C
- Low color and odor
- Reliable global supply
- Requires lower tackifier loading than with most SBC-based formulations
Applications & Uses+
- Building & construction hotmelts
- Hygiene adhesives
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Color, Gardner (Molten)||1.0||-||-|
|Glass Transition Temperature (Tg)||-38 (-36)||°C (°F)||ASTM D 3418|
|Penetration Hardness||20.0||dmm||ASTM D 5|
|Ring and Ball Softening Point||120 (248)||°C (°F)||ASTM E 28|
|Viscosity, Brookfield at 190°C||18000.0||cP||ASTM D 3236|
Packaging & Availability+
Standard Package Type: Aerafin™ 180 polymer is available in bags (50-lb net weight), 2,250-lb net weight per pallet. Bags are made of Polypropylene.
Pellets are coated with polyethylene to prevent blocking.
Storage & Handling+
Due to the thermoplastic behavior, pelletized material may fuse, block or lump. This can be accelerated under any of the following conditions: 1) above ambient temperature, 2) prolonged storage, 3) pressure, e.g., stacking pallets, or a combination of these conditions.
For improved handling, we therefore recommend storing the material in a temperature-controlled area, be careful with stacking material or applying pressure and preventing prolonged storage.
It should be noted that lumping does not have a negative impact on the product specifications. Due to the nature of the product, claims regarding lumping cannot be accepted.