Ask Gellner Questions
Ask the Supplier
Popular Gellner ProductsView All Gellner Products
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
Ottopol K-23 Features & Benefits
- Ottopol K-23 is an alkali resistant cationic acrylic copolymer emulsion. The emulsion characteristics provide higher solids and better gloss.
- Unique to the graphic arts industry. Ottopol K-23 has excellent alkali and detergent resistance. Inks and coatings for soap boxes and paper towels will not be effected by the high pH content or detergent cleaners used with towels.
Adhesion to Dfficult Substrates
- Positive charge allows inks and coatings made with Ottopol K-23 to have exceptionally good adhesion to plastic films; Polyethylene, PVC, Polyester, and Polystyrene.
- It is designed for use as a grinding and letdown vehicle for waterbased flexographic and rotogravure inks.
- It is also suitable for use as an overprint varnish.
- The emulsion characteristics provide higher solids and better gloss.
Applications & Uses
|Materials||Parts by Weight -1||Parts by Weight -2||Parts by Weight -3|
Procedure: Place all components into a mill and grind until the desired gage reading is attained.
Alkali Resistant Overprint Varnish
|Materials||Parts by Weight -1||Parts by Weight -2|
|Cationic Wax Emulsion||7|
Procedure: Place all components in the order listed into a mix tank. Stir while adding the individual components. Continue stirring until the finished product is homogeneous
Important! Adjust pH of finished inks and coatings to 4.8 - 6.0 using acetic or formic acid.
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Freeze Thaw Stability||5 Cycles||-||-|
|Glass Transition Temperature||26||°C||-|
|pH||5.0 - 6.0||-||-|
|Solids Content||41.0 - 43.0||%||-|
|Viscosity||200 - 500||cps||-|
|Weight / Gallon||8.95||lbs||-|