VeoVa™ 10 Monomer
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality+
Features & Benefits+
- Similar reactivity to vinyl acetate
- Excellent reactivity with ethylene
- Good reactivity with acrylate and methacrylate monomers
- Highly branched aliphatic structure
- UV stable
Applications & Uses+
VeoVa 10 monomer is widely used as a modifying co-monomer in the manufacture of vinyl acetate based polymer latices. VeoVa 10 monomer is also used for the production of VeoVa 10/(meth)acrylic latices and solution polymers.
Examples of VeoVa 10 monomer based polymer applications are:
- Decorative emulsion paints, plasters and renders.
- Industrial paints and coatings such as anti-corrosion paints, wood coatings and varnishes and coatings for polyolefins.
- Latices and spray-dried redispersible powders for mortar admixtures.
- Latices for adhesives including Pressure Sensitive Adhesives, construction and wood adhesives.
- Reactive diluent for specific heat-cured unsaturated polyesters.
Technical Details & Test Data+
ASTM Standards are published by the American Society for Testing and Materials, 100 Barr Harbor Drive, west Conshohocken, PA 19428-2959, USA.
SMS and LPM methods mentioned are available from Hexion Inc.
Storage & Handling+
Information on transport, storage, suitable materials for tank construction, etc, is available from Hexion, via local representative or distributor. VeoVa 10 Monomer should be stored at ambient temperature (min 5 °C - max 50 °C) in conditions such that moisture is excluded, in the original containers kept tightly closed.
Under these conditions the shelf life should be a three years starting from the manufactured date.