Lonzaserve® ID is a blend of two chemistries which, when combined, offer synergistic properties. The blend offers broad spectrum activity with the combination of DMDM Hydantoin and MCI/MI chemistries. Effective against formaldehyde- and isothiazolinone-resistant organisms. Compatible with many rinse-off Personal Care products and Homecare products.
Get a QuoteIt's fast and easy
See all documents (1)
Technical data sheet (TDS)
Features And Benefits
Aqueous, non-freezing blend
Stable and synergistic combination
Colorless liquid preservative
Ultra-low free formaldehyde (< 0.09 %)
Broad spectrum efficacy
Effective against formaldehyde- and isothiazolinone-resistant organisms
Ease of handling
Compatible and soluble in virtually all raw materials
0.05 – 0.25%
Technical product information
- Aqueous, non-freezing blend
- Stable and synergistic combination
- Colorless liquid preservative
- Ultra-low free formaldehyde (< 0.09 %)
- Broad spectrum efficacy
- Effective against formaldehyde- and isothiazolinone-resistant organisms
- Ease of handling
- Compatible and soluble in virtually all raw materials
- Body wash
- Hand soap non anti-bac
- Makeup remover
- Manual dishwash
- Laundry detergent
Studies were run using different concentrations of Lonzaserve® ID in various formulations to assess efficacy against various bacteria, yeast and fungi. All samples were inoculated at the beginning of the study, sampled at 7, 14, 21 and 28 days.
Antimicrobial Efficacy – Challenge Tests
The preservative efficacy of Lonzaserve® ID was tested in a surfactant base formulation and in a GMS skin cream. Samples tested displayed sufficient antimicrobial activity to meet the pass criteria.
Recommended Use Level
Recommended use levels are to be understood as general guidelines only. It is the responsibility of the customer to test stability and efficacy in final formulation to ensure Lonzaserve® ID meets their own performance criteria at the chosen use level.
Lonzaserve® ID is offered commercially as an aqueous solution to facilitate handling and formulation. Colorless and essentially odorless, it incorporates easily into many formulations.
It is both chemically and physically compatible with many finished products, although it is recommended to avoid use of Lonzaserve® ID in the presence of strong oxidizing and reducing agents, amines and amine derivatives.
Lonzaserve® ID may show some instability at high pH, and is therefore best suitable for formulations of pH 3–9.
- Not permitted for leave-on products
- Maximum use level of 0.0015 % CMI/MI for rinse-off applications
- Max use level of 0.6 % DMDMH
- Lonzaserve® ID: Lonza’s recommended maximum use level is 0.25%
- Max use level of 0.3 % DMDMH and 0.01 % CMI/MI for rinse-off
- Not permitted for leave-on
- Not allowed for oral hygiene and lip products or in preparations for children under the age of 3
- Max use level of 0.6 % DMDMH and 0.00075 % CMI/MI for leave-on
- Max use level of 0.6 % DMDMH and 0.0015 % CMI/MI for rinse-off
412 Mt. Kemble Avenue
Morristown, NJ 07960