Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality+
Features & Benefits+
Xanthophylls are naturally-occurring yellow pigments that form one of the two major divisions of carotenoids. The other is carotenes which provide the orange and red hues found in plants. Like other carotenoids, xanthophylls are found in the highest quantity in the leaves of green plants.
The group of xanthophylls includes many compounds such as the carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin. The level of lutein and zeaxanthin ingested as part of the poultry diet has a direct effect on the color of the egg yolk and skin. Since color is an indication of quality, producers often supplement the animal diet to achieve the exact level of pigmentation desired.
XAMACOL® feed premixture is based on natural lutein and zeaxanthin, extracted from marigold flowers (Tagetes erecta). XAMACOL is a yellow pigment that delivers consistent and uniform color for the egg yolk and broiler skin. When used in combination with red carotenoids, XAMACOL delivers the desired level of yellow coloring as well as efficient absorption, optimal dispersability and stability in final feed. All active ingredients are found in a highly bioavailable form, which makes this product completely effective and reliable for pigmenting purposes.
- Homogeneous particle size providing top bioavailability
- Free-flowing characteristics
- Easy handling and application
- Produced in line with the Novus Quality Management System
- 98 percent saponifcation level guaranteed
- Safe long-term storage
XAMACOL® 40 is a natural poultry premix that delivers consistent uniform color for the egg yolk and broiler skin.
- Efficient absorption which promotes bioavailability.
- Optimal dispersibility and stability under feed production conditions.
- Can be used in combination with red xanthophylls
Applications & Uses+
Mix with finished feeds at a rate of:
- Layers: 20-300 g/ton of feed
- Broilers: 50-1,000 g/ton of feed
Feeding rate is established in accordance with desired pigmentation level.
Regulatory & Compliance+
Technical Details & Test Data+
XAMACOL 40 does not affect any other ingredient in the diet (vitamins, etc.) due to its inert characteristics.
- Colorants: Lutein (E161b), Zeaxanthin and other natural carotenoids (40 g/kg)
- Carriers: Silicon dioxide (amorphous), Calcium carbonate
Packaging & Availability+
Packaging: 25 kg multi-layered sacks fitted with a vacuum valve
Shelf life: 12 months from manufacturing date when stored under the conditions specified
Storage Instructions: Using the original tightly closed pack, store in a dry place at a temperature between 41°F-77°F (5°C-25°C). Keep protected from light, moisture and heat.