OTech Platinum OP711 is the world’s first platinum particle-free conductive ink that metallizes into nanosized platinum catalytic centers. This form of platinum is typically used in fuel cells, medical components, or DSSC solar cells. OrelTech’s unique process allows the deposition of highly conductive thin metallic films. The thin layers undergo short development using cold plasma treatment resulting in a fine metal structure. OrelTech’s technology enables the deposition of the ink with many different methods and on various substrates, from plastics to fabrics. OTech inks do not contain nanoparticles, and as such enable the material economy of precious metals while being significantly more environmentally friendly than the existing alternatives on the market.
Compatible Substrates & Surfaces: Plastics, Metal, Fibers & Fabrics, Paper
Features: Good Wettability, Cost Effective, Conductive, Printability, Improved Flexibility
Application Method: Dip Coating, Slot-Die
Chemical Family: Platinum Compounds
Available upon quote
Minimum Order Quantity
Ask OrelTech Questions
Ask the Supplier
Popular OrelTech ProductsView all OrelTech Products
Product NameProduct FamiliesApplications
OTech Fabric Inkjet Inks Technical Fabrics, Textile Manufacturing, Batteries, Inkjet Printing, Textile Coatings & Inks, Sensors & Actuators, Cathode Materials, Anode Materials
OTech Jet Inkjet Inks Semiconductor Manufacturing, Metal Coatings, Coated Paper & Paperboard, Appliances & Electronics, Aerospace & Aviation, Interior, Electrical & Electronic Systems, Connectors, Other Devices & Assemblies, Consumer Electronics, Automotive Electronics, Batteries, Inkjet Printing, Sensors & Actuators
OTech Aero Functional Inks & Pastes Batteries, Metal Coatings, Coated Paper & Paperboard, Appliances & Electronics, Apparel, Aerospace & Aviation, Interior, Electrical & Electronic Systems, Connectors, Other Devices & Assemblies, Consumer Electronics, Automotive Electronics, Sensors & Actuators, Cathode Materials, Anode Materials
Message our experts with questions
Marie WestphalPlease reach out to me with any questions, I am happy to assist you in finding the right product or learning more about our storefront.Please reach out to me with any questions, I am happy to assist you in finding the right product or learning more about our storefront.
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
OTech Platinum OP711 Features & Benefits
- Coating and patterning by inkjet, aerosol or slot-die printing
- Low temperature process
- Printed on polymers, metals and fabrics
- No solid or liquid waste
- Material saving
- Cost-efficient solution
- Biocompatible and non-toxic
- Choice between deposition of thin films, large-area structures or nanoparticle spreads
Applications & Uses
Plastics & Elastomers End Uses
Applications of the Ink
- Medical devices
- Other sensitive devices
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Acidity Ink (pH)||min. 2||-||-|
|Catalytic Activity (Cured Film)||High||-||-|
|Layer Thickness (Cured Film)||50 - 500||nm||-|
|Sheet resistance (Cured Film)||5 - 10||Ω/sq||-|
|Viscosity (Ink)||3 - 20||cP||-|
Technical Details & Test Data
OTech Platinum as Thin Film
Large Area structure
- Curing time: 15-20 minutes.
- Curing apparatus: Cold plasma instrument with a low pressure chamber.
- Curing temperature: Temperature in the plasma chamber does not exceed 70 ⁰C. No additional heating is needed. That temperature can be lowered to room temperature using a temperature-controlled plasma chamber.
Packaging & Availability
Storage & Handling
Directions for Use and Storage
- Storage: Inks can be stored in closed containers for up to 12 month in dry, dark conditions.
- Clean-up: Materials can be cleaned up using alcohols and ketones, preferably isopropanol.
- Pre-treatment: In some cases, to ensure better wettability and/or adhesion, the substrate material must be pre-treated prior to ink application.
- Handling: Please note that the ink is acidic (pH > 2). Use gloves and protective goggles, avoid direct skin contact. In some cases (fabric substrates) there is a need to rinse the substrate after the metallization process.
OTech Platinum OP711