Popular Oxiteno ProductsView All Oxiteno Products
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
ALKEST® CSO 400H Features & Benefits
Applications & Uses
- The ALKEST® CSO products are non-ionic surfactants, whose hydrophobic portion comes from castor oil and the hydrophilic portion, from the ethylene oxide chain.
- By increasing the degree of ethoxylation, the hydrophilic character of the molecule is increased (higher HLB), which represents increasing water solubility, cloud points and pour points. Oxiteno offers a wide range of castor oil ethoxylates for use as emulsifiers, antistatic agents, lubricants and solubilizers in various markets and product application
Some applications of the ALKEST® CSO line in certain markets are presented below:
Sanitizers and Disinfectants
ALKEST® CSO products are excellent emulsifiers for pine oil and are compatible with ationic biocides, e.g. benzalkonium chloride. They can provide a blooming effect when a formulation is diluted at use and are recommended for clear pine oil-based disinfectants and cleaners.
ALKEST®CSO can act as emulsifiers, solubilizers, emollients, dispersing agents and humectants in formulations of creams, lotions, masks, bases, sun protection products, and in the pharmaceutical sector.
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Saponification Value||50-60||mg KOH/g||-|
|Water Content||max. 1||%||-|
|pH Value||6.0 - 8.0||-||-|
Regulatory & Compliance
The ALKEST® CSO products can be used in U.S. cosmetic formulations according to Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations. They can be used as indirect food contact ingredients, according to the positive list issued by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Packaging & Availability
Storage & Handling
ALKEST® CSO products are not considered eye or skin irritants.
Use proper personal protective equipment (PPE) when handling these products. Please consult the appropriate MSDS for additional information.
In case of accidental contact:
• Eyes: wash immediately with abundant water for at least 15 minutes;
• Skin: wash the exposed sites with abundant;
• Ingestion: seek medical attention.
Chemical products should be handled in a well-ventilated place, with access to emergency showers and eyewash stations.