ALKONAT® L 70 is a line of product comprised of different degrees of alcohol ethoxylate obtained from the reaction of lauryl alcohol derived from natural and renewable sources with ethylene oxide (EO).
Function: Surfactant (Nonionic), Foaming Agent, Surfactant, Wetting Agent
CAS Number: 3055-97-8
Chemical Family: Alcohols
pH: 6.0 - 8.0
Available upon quote
Minimum Order Quantity
Popular Oxiteno ProductsView all Oxiteno Products
Product NameProduct FamiliesApplications
ALKONAT® C 100 Emulsifiers & Demulsifiers, Wetting & Dispersion Aids, Detergents & Degreasers, Foam Control Agents, Rheology Modifiers, Emulsifiers, Solubilizers & Dispersants Treatment Products, Hair Care, Skin Care, Surface Care, Industrial Cleaning, Other Home Care Applications
ALKONAT® CE 200 F Performance Additives, Emulsifiers & Demulsifiers, Wetting & Dispersion Aids, Detergents & Degreasers, Foam Control Agents, Other Functional Additives, Rheology Modifiers, Emulsifiers, Solubilizers & Dispersants Baby Care, Color Cosmetics, Hair Care, Nail Care, Skin Care, Treatment Products, Wipes, Tissue & Towel, Surface Care, Industrial Cleaning, Other Home Care Applications
ALKONAT® L 90 Nonionic Surfactants, Wetting & Dispersion Aids, Foam Control Agents Commercial Laundry, Dish Care, Laundry & Fabric Care, Surface Care, Industrial Cleaning, Other Home Care Applications
Technical Data Sheet
ALKONAT L Technical Data Sheet
ALKONAT L Technical Data SheetTechnical Data Sheet
SURFACTANTS AND SPECIALTY CHEMICALS FOR NORTH AMERICA Brochure
SURFACTANTS AND SPECIALTY CHEMICALS FOR NORTH AMERICA BrochureBrochure
OIL & GAS PRODUCTS AND SOLUTIONS
OIL & GAS PRODUCTS AND SOLUTIONSBrochure
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
ALKONAT® L 70 Features & Benefits
Applications & Uses
Home Care Applications
I&I Cleaning Applications
- The ALKONAT® L product line has a molecule with a lipophilic nature from the starting alcohol carbon chain, and a hydrophilic nature, resulting from the ethylene oxide chain. Increasing the degree of ethoxylation increases the hydrophilic nature of the molecule (higher HLB), and as a consequence, altering the solubility in water and the foam, detergency, emulsifying and wettability properties. These surfactants act as emulsifiers, detergents, solubilizers, essence fixers and synthesis intermediates to obtain sulfated surfactants.
- The ALKONAT® L product line has excellent surface tension reduction power. These products generally do not precipitate in the presence of water hardness ions and are compatible with anionic, cationic and non-ionic surfactants, maintaining and presenting chemical and physical stability in an alkaline and an acid medium and at different temperatures. These surfactants are also compatible with diverse solvents. Some applications for the ALKONAT® L line are:
- The use of the ALKONAT® L line during leather processing provides good cleaning of the equipment in question and of the hide handling areas, due to the good emulsifying characteristics.
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Acid Value||max. 0.2||mg KOH/g||-|
|Hydroxyl Number||109 - 119||mgKOH/g||-|
|pH Value||6.0 - 8.0||-||-|
Storage & Handling
Storage And Handling
- Pure ALKONAT® L products can irritate the skin. This irritability is considerably reduced with an increase in the degree of ethoxylation. Lauryl alcohol ethoxylates are considered biodegradable and present moderate water toxicity. During handling, use personal protective equipment (PPE). In the case of accidental contact, consult the material safety data sheet (MSDS) and the emergency sheet (MEDS).
- Store the products in a covered and dry place, far from sources of heat and ignition. The places where chemical products are handled should be well-ventilated, have emergency showers and eye washing areas.
- ALKONAT® L line products are of difficult combustion but they burn if involved in fire. Check the MSDS in the event of fire.
- ALKONAT® L products have a clear to turbid aspect with separation of phases at ambient temperature, but they become clear and temperatures between 40° and 60° C.
- For bulk storage, use AISI 304 or 316 stainless steel tanks or tanks made of carbon steel coated with vinyl ester resin. These tanks should have a heating serpentine (304 or 316 stainless steel) installed in the bottom, and a recirculation system for homogenizing the product if necessary. Keeping the temperature at a proper level to control viscosity at the lowest range, a centrifuge pump may be used to discharge and transfer the products.
- ALKONAT L 70 WA has a clear aspect at temperatures above 17 °C and it was developed to facilitate handling of ALKONAT L 70 (turbid to pasty with separation of phases under 25 °C).
ALKONAT® L 70