Formic Acid 85% (CAS: 64-18-6) is a colorless carboxylic acid used as a raw material or pH-adjuster for chemical synthesis, an intermediate in pharmaceuticals and fine chemical applications and as active ingredient in cleaning agents.
- Dyeing and impregnation of textiles
- Tanning, dyeing, sterilization, preservation and acidification of skins and hides
- Wastewater treatment
- Cleaning fluids
- Fish silage and animal feed
Ask Perstorp AB Questions
Ask the Supplier
Popular Perstorp AB ProductsView all Perstorp AB Products
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
Applications & Uses
- Textile industry for dyeing and impregnation.
- Leather industry for tanning, dyeing and sterilisation of skins and hides.
- Chemical processes as raw material for synthesis, as an auxiliary chemical or pH-adjuster.
- Waste water treatment.
- Cleaning fluids.
- Fish silage and animal feed.
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Formic Acid Content||85±1||%||PO309|
Packaging & Availability
- Containers (IBC) 1200 kg
- Polyethylene cans 29 kg (32/pallet)