ALFONIC 1412-9 Ethoxylate
ALFONIC 1412-9 Alcohol Ethoxylate is a biodegradable nonionic derived from linear primary ALFOL 1412-9 Alcohol. It is a clear to slightly hazy liquid. Because it is a high-mole ethoxylate, it is soluble in water typically for detergent and other applications. For documents specific to a region, please contact Sasol using the 'Request Document' button.
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality+
CASE Ingredients Functions
Features & Benefits+
Applications & Uses+
Fluids & Lubricants Type
Fluids & Lubricants End Use
Recommended Uses & Known Applications
- ALFONIC 1412-9 Ethoxylate may be used in a wide array of applications including as a high quality, biodegradable emulsifier, detergent and in industrial and institutional cleaning products.
- It may also be used in industrial applications such as textile and leather processing, plastic additives, pulp and paper processing, metal cleaners and agricultural adjuvants.
Compatible Substrates & Surfaces
Clear to slightly hazy liquid
Partially Soluble in
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Molecular Weight (Average)||601||g/mol||-|
|EO Content (Average)||66||wt. %||-|
|Free EO||max. 1||ppm||-|
|Glycol Content||max. 3||wt. %||-|
|Density at 40°C (104°F)||0.986||g/mL||-|
|Cloud Point (1% in water)||77 (171)||°C (°F)||-|
|Viscosity at 40°C (104°F)||35.1||cSt||-|
|pH (5% in IPA/water)||6 – 7.5||-||-|
|Wettability on Cotton||447||sec||-|
|Contact Angle on PTFE (Average)||36.99||-||-|
|Color||max. 50||APHA||RCM 3607|
|Water Content||max. 0.1||wt. %||DIN 51777|
|Free Alcohol||max. 2||wt. %||-|
|Pour Point||22 (72)||°C (°F)||-|
|Hydroxyl Number||86 – 98||mg KOH/g||-|
|Flash Point||min. 170 (338)||°C (°F)||-|
|Critical Micelle Concentration||11.65||mg/L||-|
Regulatory & Compliance+
Packaging & Availability+
Storage & Handling+
Storage And Handling
Safe handling advice
- Take precautionary measures against static discharges.
- 32-43 °C (90-110 °F)
Storage and handling materials
- Suitable: Carbon steel coated with baked phenolic. Any moisture may cause rusting of carbon steel. If product is moisture free, uncoated carbon steel tanks.
Further information on storage conditions
- Mix thoroughly before use. When stored in the liquid form, ethoxylates should be padded with a dry inert gas, such as nitrogen, to prevent oxygen or air from entering the tank. Prolonged storage in the presence of air or oxygen may cause product degradation. Oxidation is not expected when stored under a nitrogen atmosphere. Inert gas blanket and breathing system needed to maintain color stability. Use dry inert gas having at least -40°C (-40°F) dew point.
Product Page Index