ANIODAC 11P 7-27 is the sodium salt of short chain LIAL 111 fatty alcohol poly-ethoxy sulphate. For documents specific to a region, please contact Sasol using the 'Request Document' button.
Chemical Family: Sodium Salts
End Uses: Emulsion Polymerization
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
Industrial Additives Functions
Applications & Uses
Industrial Additives End Use
Recommended Uses & Known Applications
- ANIODAC 11P 7-27 is used as anionic emulsifier in emulsion polymerization to produce stable latexes of styrene/acrylate, VAM (vinyl acetate monomer) and copolymers.
- ANIODAC 11P 7-27 is used alone or in combination with other surfactant like NONIDAC 11P 30-70.
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Anionic Active Matter (MW = 586)||26.0-28.0||% mass||ASTM D3049|
|Density (25°C)||1.045||g/cm³||ASTM D7042, ASTM D4052|
|Unsulphonated Matter||max. 5||% mass||EN 13273|
|pH (5%)||7.0-9.0||-||RCM 3645|
|Color (5% active matter)||max. 25||Klett||EN 1557|
|Surface Tension at CMC||30||mN/m||ISO 43100|
|Sodium Sulfate Content||max. 2||%||-|
|Pour Point||max. 10||°C||ASTM D 97|
|Viscosity at 25°C||48||cSt||ASTM D445, ASTM D7042|
|Critical Micelle Concentration||800||ppm||ISO 43100|
Packaging & Availability
ANIODAC 11P 7-27 is generally supplied in plastic drums.
Storage & Handling
Storage and Handling
- ANIODAC 11P 7-27 should be stored preferably in stainless steel or fibre glass tanks.
- ANIODAC 11P 7-27 must be stored at temperature below 40°C. Temperature above 45°C should be avoided, even briefly, because hydrolysis may occur with formation of sulphuric acid.
- Storage tanks must be heated with water warmed at a temperature below 50°C. The use of steam to warm up the product is absolutely prohibited. In addiction contact with acids could cause hydrolysis as well.
- ANIODAC 11P 7-27 is a clear liquid at room temperature and it has pour point lower than 10°C.
- ANIODAC 11P 7-27 is susceptible to microbial contamination and decomposition by microorganisms.
- ANIODAC 11P 7-27 is supplied containing a small amount of preservative sufficient for transport and short term storage. If the product is stored for several weeks or months it is recommended to carry out regular check of microbial content. Furthermore careful precautions like clean sampling vessel, sterilized water for dilution, limit prolonged or too often repeated exposure to open air, etc. are necessary to maintain microbiological purity of the product.