CERALUTION CPE is a ready-to-use pre-emulsion concentrate which allows the production of O/W-emulsions in cold-cold or hot-cold processing without any special homogenisation equipment by addition of oils, lipophilic and / or hydrophilic actives and rheology additives.
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Applications & Uses+
Hair Care Applications
Recommended Uses & Known Applications
- CERALUTION CPE is a ready-to-use pre-emulsion concentrate which allows the production of O/W-emulsions in cold-cold or hot-cold processing without any special homogenisation equipment by addition of oils, lipophilic and / or hydrophilic actives and rheology additives.
- It is tolerant to all sorts of oil polarities including a broad range of silicone oils, electrolytes and surfactants. CERALUTION CPE can be used to produce skin care products like creams, lotions, sprays, wet wipes and pump foams or rinse-off products like shower oil creams.
- With CERALUTION CPE stable emulsions with oil content of up to 40% and droplet size in the nanometer region are achieved.
- The concentration of CERALUTION CPE to be used varies with the amount of oil present in the final product. A safe assumption is a ratio of one part CERALUTION CPE to two parts of oil. Depending on the nature of the oil the ratio can be optimized.
- To prepare O/W emulsions add the oil phase very slowly to CERALUTION CPE at room temperature (it is also possible to add hot oils in case one of the components is not soluble in the oil phase and must be molten) with moderate stirring. When oil is added a HIPR (High Internal Phase Ratio) an emulsion is formed, which becomes self-emulsifying. Dilute with water under moderate stirring. Normal stirring is sufficient, no special equipment is needed. Stirring is recommended for practical reasons.
- There are two ways to control the viscosity of the emulsions formed after dilution of the HIPR emulsion. One way is to use hydrocolloids or thickeners like e.g. Xanthan Gum or Cross polymers and their combinations to be added in the water which is used for the diluting step.
- The other way to modify the viscosity of CERALUTION CPE based emulsions is adding typical co-emulsifiers to the oil phase of the HIPR emulsion. In this case the HIPR emulsion needs to be made according to the hot-cold process, i.e. the hot oil phase is added to the cold CERALUTION CPE, dilution with water should be done at temperatures < 40°C.
- Dilution below 40 °C is recommended to ensure the formation of very small droplets which is particularly important for the production of stable sprays. Typical co-emulsifiers are Glyceryl Stearate or Myristyl Alcohol (NACOL 14-95).
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|pH (1% in fully demin. water)||4-5.5||-||DIN EN 1262|
|Density (at 25°C)||0.9 - 1.1||g/ml||DIN ISO 3838|
|Water Content||35 – 40||mass%||DIN EN 13267|
|Viscosity (at 25°C)||10 – 50||Pa.s||DIN ISO 2555|
Technical Details & Test Data+
As CERALUTION CPE contains water it is slightly preserved to stop any growth of microbes in case of contamination. CERALUTION CPE is tested on a random basis and a level of < 100 CFU/g can be assured.
Packaging & Availability+
25 kg pails
Storage & Handling+
Storage and Handling
- In dry conditions, protect from light and store at temperatures below 30°C.
- Under the given storage conditions shelf life is one year after ex works (Marl) re-test date is given in CoA.
- CERALUTION CPE must not be heated above 90 °C. Frost free storage must be guaranteed. After longer periods of storage content of drums should be stirred before it is used.
Product Page Index