EMULGANTE EL-65 is a castor oil polyethyleneglycol ether, (about 38 moles of ethylene oxide). For documents specific to a region, please contact Sasol using the 'Request Document' button.
Function: Emulsifier, Surfactant (Nonionic), Dispersant, Surfactant
End Uses: Metalworking Fluids, Textiles
Chemical Family: Ethers, Castor Oil Derivatives, Non-Ionics
HLB Value: 13.0
Available upon quote
Minimum Order Quantity
Similar Products from Sasol NEW
Safety Data Sheet
EMULGANTE EL-65 Safety Data Sheet
EMULGANTE EL-65 Safety Data SheetSafety Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet
EMULGANTE EL-65 Technical Data Sheet
EMULGANTE EL-65 Technical Data SheetTechnical Data Sheet
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
Fluids & Lubricants Functions
Applications & Uses
Fluids & Lubricants Type
Fluids & Lubricants End Use
Industrial Additives End Use
Recommended Uses & Known Applications
- EMULGANTE EL-65 is used as O/W solubilizer and dispersing agent in industrial applications, in particular as dye equalizing agent for textile auxiliaries.
- EMULGANTE EL-65 is used as emulsifier for lubricant in plastic, textile and metalworking applications.
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Average Molecular Weight||2.7||g/mol||-|
|Density (50°C)||1.03||g/cm³||ASTM D7042|
|Cloud Point (1% in water)||70-75||°C||RCM 3646|
|pH (5%)||5-7||-||RCM 3645|
|Free Water (Karl Fischer)||max. 0.50||%mass||RCM 3804|
|Viscosity (at 50°C)||85.0||cSt||ASTM D7042|
|Flash Point||min. 125||°C||ASTM D 93|
|Color||max. 5||Gardner||RCM 3668|
|Ethylene Oxide Content||65.0||%w/w||-|
|Pour Point||15.0||°C||ASTM D 97|
|Saponification Number||58-68||mgKOH/g||RCM 3820|
Regulatory & Compliance
Packaging & Availability
EMULGANTE EL-65 is generally supplied in drums.
Storage & Handling
Storage and Handling
- EMULGANTE EL-65 should preferably be stored in stainless steel tanks.
- It is suggested to keep the product at temperature below 40°C, it is preferable to avoid heating above 60°C and to store under nitrogen in order to minimise yellowish phenomena.
- EMULGANTE EL-65 is a liquid at room temperature and it becomes homogeneous and transparent at temperature higher than 15°C.
- Avoid contact with strong oxidizers, strong acids and strong bases.
- Shelf-life is 24 months from production date for product in its original and sealed packaging.