EMULGANTE ELC-200 is a castor oil polyethyleneglycol ether, (about 250 moles of ethylene oxide). For documents specific to a region, please contact Sasol using the 'Request Document' button.
Function: Dispersant & Wetting Agent, Lubricant, Dispersant, Anti-Static Agent
Chemical Family: Castor Oil Derivatives, Ethers
Available upon quote
Minimum Order Quantity
Similar Products from Sasol NEW
Technical Data Sheet
Emulgante ELC-200 Technical Data Sheet
Emulgante ELC-200 Technical Data SheetTechnical Data Sheet
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
CASE Ingredients Functions
Applications & Uses
Industrial Additives End Use
Recommended Uses & Known Applications
- EMULGANTE ELC-200 is used as lubricant and antistatic agent for fibre finish in industrial applications.
- In textile and leather field EMULGANTE ELC-200 is used as dispersant for pigment and clay, softener and rewetting agent for paint.
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Density (70°C)||1.06||g/cm³||ASTM D7042 , ASTM D4052|
|Cloud Point (1% in 10% NaCl)||65-70||°C||RCM 3646|
|pH (5%)||5.0-7.0||-||MPL 1007.0|
|Free Water (Karl Fischer)||max. 0.5||% mass||RCM 3804|
|Molecular Weight (Average)||12.000||g/mol||calculated|
|Viscosity at 70°C||124||cSt||ASTM D445, ASTM D7042|
|Flash Point||min. 125||°C||ASTM D 93|
|Saponification Number||17-12||mg KOH/g||RCM 3820|
|Pour Point||51||°C||ASTM D 97|
|Ethylene Oxide Content||92||%w/w||Calculated|
Packaging & Availability
EMULGANTE ELC-200 is generally supplied in drums.
Storage & Handling
Storage and Handling
- EMULGANTE ELC-200 should preferably be stored in stainless steel tanks.
- It is preferable to avoid heating above 60°C and to store under nitrogen in order to minimise yellowish phenomena.
- EMULGANTE ELC-200 is a solid at room temperature and it becomes liquid at temperature higher than 50°C.
- Avoid contact with strong oxidizers, strong acids and strong bases.