Popular Sasol ProductsView all Sasol Products
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
ISALCHEM 145 Features & Benefits
Applications & Uses
ISALCHEM 145 is used as raw material to produce ethoxylates, ethoxysulphates, sulfates, phosphates, ester and ethers suitable for several application fields.
ISALCHEM 145 derivatives is the base to manufacture liquid and powder detergents, shampoos, bath foams, textile & leather auxiliaries (wetting, degreasing, scouring agents), plasticizers, binders for paint and coating and lubricant additives
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Carbonyl Number||max. 0.3||mg KOH/g||ISO 1279|
|Carbon Distribution - C 13 and lighter||max. 5||% mass||RCM 1101|
|Carbon Distribution - C 14||54-68||% mass||RCM 1101|
|Carbon Distribution - C 15||32-45||% mass||RCM 1101|
|Carbon Distribution - C 16 and heavier||max. 3||% mass||RCM 1101|
|Molecular Weight (Average)||215-221||g/mol||RCM 1101|
|Mono Branched Alcohol Content||95||% mass||RCM 1101|
|Distillation - Initial Boiling Point||283||°C||ASTM D86|
|Distillation - Final Boiling Point||308||°C||ASTM D86|
|Water Content||max. 0.1||wt. %||DIN 51777|
|Color||max. 10||-||EN ISO 6271|
|Acid Value||max. 0.05||mgKOH/g||-|
|Flash Point||min. 125||°C||ASTM D 93|
|Pour Point||- 31||°C||ASTM D5950|
|Hydroxyl Number||253-261||mg KOH/g||RCM 1101|
|Hydrocarbons Content||max. 0.25||% mass||RCM 1101|
|Density at 20°C||837||kg/m3||ASTM D4052, ASTM7042|
|Bromine Index||max. 100||mg Br2/100g||ASTM D1492|
Technical Details & Test Data
Packaging & Availability
Storage & Handling
- It is recommended to keep ISALCHEM 145 in a cool and well ventilated place.
- ISALCHEM 145 should preferably be stored in stainless steel tanks or steel lined with epoxy-phenolic resins.
- Avoid materials as aluminum, copper and copper alloys.
- It is suggested to store the product at temperature lower than 40°C.
- It is preferable to avoid heating above 50°C and to store under nitrogen in order to minimize yellowish phenomena, due to its low pour point (-30°C) ISALCHEM 145 does not need any heated tank.
- To prevent oxidation during prolonged storage, it is recommended to blanket the product with nitrogen