Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
LIALET 111-7 Features & Benefits
Applications & Uses
- LIALET 111-7 has a well-balanced hydrophylic-lipophylic ratio. It is a good emulsifier agent for O/W emulsions.
- LIALET 111-7 is a good wetting agent, with good degreasing performance. The combination of wetting and degreasing properties makes LIALET 111-7 well suited for APC formulation as well as wool scouring process.
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Cloud Point (1% in water)||53-55||°C||EN 1890|
|Polyethylene Glycols Content||max. 3||% mass||MPL 2002.0|
|pH (5%)||5.0-7.0||-||MPL 1007.0|
|Free Water (Karl Fischer)||max. 0.5||% mass||RCM 3804|
|Viscosity at 50°C||20||cSt||ASTM D445, ASTM D7042|
|Density at 50°C||970||kg/m3||ASTM D7042|
|Color||max. 50||APHA||RCM 3607|
|Flash Point||min. 125||°C||ASTM D 93|
|Ethylene Oxide Content||64||%w/w||Calculated|
|Pour Point||16||°C||RCM 3629|
|Hydroxyl Number||114-120||mg KOH/g||EN 13926|
One of the most characteristic properties of surface active agents is their ability to reduce the surface tension of water. Ethoxylates based on short chain alcohols provide a typical surface tension reduction. Upon addition of ethoxylates, the water surface tension of 72 mN/m can be reduced to values below 30 mN/m
The Critical Micelle Concentration (CMC) is a further characteristic property of a surfactant. The CMC is the concentration at which single surfactant molecules start to build micellar aggregates. CMC values as well as surface tension data at 0.1 g/l resp. 1.0 g/l for the ethoxylates based on short chain alcohols are recorded
|Product Name||Surface tension in mN/m, at 25°C in D.I. water Surfactant concentration||Critical micelle concentration (CMC) [g/l]|
|0.1 g/l||1.0 g/l|
Solubility in water
As for all alcohol ethoxylates the solubility of this product group mainly depends on the base alcohol and the length of the water soluble polyethylene glycol ether chain. Accordingly, the solubility increases with the degree of ethoxylation. Ethoxylates based on short chain alcohols with 3 to 5 moles of EO are only sparingly soluble in water whereas higher ethoxylated types are readily soluble in water and show excellent wetting properties.
Gel formation in water
Aqueous solutions of short chain alcohol ethoxylates cover a large range of viscosities from free flowing liquids to solid gels in dependence of the amount of water added. The gel phases typically occur at medium concentrations and can have significant stability even when additional water is added.
Overview of the gel formation of the different alcohol ethoxylates.
|Product Name||0% water||10% water||20% water||30% water||40% water||50% water||60% water||70% water||80% water||90% water|
|LIALET 111-3||Cloudy Liquid||Transparent Liquid||Transparent Liquid||Transparent Liquid||Cloudy Liquid||Cloudy Liquid||Cloudy Liquid||Cloudy Liquid||Cloudy Liquid||Cloudy Liquid|
|LIALET 111-5.5||Cloudy Liquid||Transparent Liquid||Transparent Liquid||Gel or paste||Gel or paste||Cloudy Liquid||Cloudy Liquid||Cloudy Liquid||Cloudy Liquid||Cloudy Liquid|
|LIALET 111-7||Cloudy Liquid||Transparent Liquid||Transparent Liquid||Gel or paste||Gel or paste||Transparent Liquid||Transparent Liquid||Transparent Liquid||Transparent Liquid||Transparent Liquid|
|LIALET 111-8||Cloudy Liquid||Transparent Liquid||Transparent Liquid||Transparent Liquid||Transparent Liquid||Transparent Liquid||Transparent Liquid||Transparent Liquid||Transparent Liquid||Transparent Liquid|
Packaging & Availability
LIALET 111-7 is generally supplied in drums
Storage & Handling
- LIALET 111-7 should preferably be stored in stainless steel tanks. It is suggested to keep the product at temperature below 40°C, it is preferable to avoid heating above 60°C and to store under nitrogen in order to minimise yellowish phenomena.
- LIALET 111-7 is a cloudy liquid at room temperature and it becomes homogeneous and transparent at temperature about 30°C, it becomes a solid wax at t emperature lower than 15°C.
- Improvement of appearance and handling at low temperature can be achieved by mixing the product with 15 weight% water to obtain a clear liquid up to a temperature about 5 - 10 C°.
- Shelf-life is 36 months from production date for product in its original and sealed packaging.