Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
LIALET 125-5 Features & Benefits
Applications & Uses
- LIALET 125-5 can be used as degreasing agent in leather treatment, as emulsifier for W/O emulsions in agrochemicals and in detergency applications.
- In metal working field LIALET 125-5 shows good dispersing properties for chip or shaving particles as well as good emulsification behaviour regarding to the most common lubricating oils used.
- In the detergency field LIALET 125-5 is used in HDP formulations due to its high emulsification property at medium-low temperature. It is a low foaming surfactant.
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Cloud Point (10% in BDG at 25%)||67-69||°C||EN 1890|
|Polyethylene Glycols Content||max. 3||% mass||MPL 2002.0|
|pH (5%)||5.0-7.0||-||MPL 1007.0|
|Free Water (Karl Fischer)||max. 0.5||% mass||RCM 3804|
|Viscosity at 50°C||18||cSt||ASTM D445, ASTM D7042|
|Density at 50°C||950||kg/m3||ASTM D7042, ASTM D4052|
|Color||max. 50||APHA||RCM 3607|
|Flash Point||min. 125||°C||ASTM D 93|
|Ethylene Oxide Content||52||%w/w||Calculated|
|Pour Point||15-10||°C||ASTM D97|
|Hydroxyl Number||125-131||mg KOH/g||EN 13926|
Regulatory & Compliance
Packaging & Availability
LIALET 125-5 is generally supplied in drums
Storage & Handling
LIALET 125-5 should preferably be stored in stainless steel tanks. It is suggested to keep the product at temperature below 40°C, it is preferable to avoid heating above 60°C and to store under nitrogen in order to minimise yellowish phenomena.
LIALET 125-5 is a cloudy liquid at room temperature and it becomes homogeneous at temperature about 40°C.
LIALET 125-5 becomes a solid wax at temperatu re lower than 15°C. At room temperature
LIALET 125-5 is not water soluble.
Shelf-life is 36 months from production date for product in its original and sealed packaging.
Precautions for safe handling
Advice on safe handling
- Wear personal protective equipment.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes
Advice on protection against fire and explosion
- Normal measures for preventive fire protection.
- Do not spray on a naked flame or any incandescent material.
- B: Fires involving liquids or liquid containing substances. Also includes substances which become liquid at elevated temperatures
Conditions for safe storage, including any incompatibilities
Requirements for storage areas and containers
- Keep tightly closed in a dry and cool place.
Storage class (TRGS 510)
- 10-13: German Storage Class 10 to 13
- Stable at normal ambient temperature and pressure.