LIALET 125-7 is a fatty alcohol polyethyleneglycol ether, based on LIAL 125 and ethylene oxide (about 7 moles). For documents specific to a region, please contact Sasol using the 'Request Document' button.
Function: Surfactant (Nonionic), Surfactant, Solubilizer, Emulsifier
CAS Number: 106232-83-1
Chemical Family: Alcohol Ethoxylates
Compatible Substrates & Surfaces: Paper
Available upon quote
Minimum Order Quantity
Popular Sasol ProductsView All Sasol Products
Technical Data Sheet
Lialet 125-7 Technical Data Sheet
Lialet 125-7 Technical Data SheetTechnical Data Sheet
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
CASE Ingredients Functions
Cleaning Ingredients Functions
Fluids & Lubricants Functions
LIALET 125-7 Features & Benefits
Applications & Uses
Compatible Substrates & Surfaces
Home Care Applications
I&I Cleaning Applications
Recommended Uses & Known Applications
- LIALET 125-7 can be used as detergent product in the wool scouring process, as degreasing in leather treatment, as emulsifier in agrochemicals and agriculture applications.
- In metal working field LIALET 125-7 shows good dispersing properties for chip or shaving particles as well as good emulsification behavior regarding to the most common lubricating oils used.
- In the detergency field LIALET 125-7 is used in HDP formulations due to its high emulsification property at medium-low temperature.
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Cloud Point (10% in BDG at 25%)||76-78||°C||MPL 2001.0|
|Polyethylene Glycols Content||max. 3||% mass||MPL 2002.0|
|pH (5%)||5.0-7.0||-||MPL 1007.0|
|Free Water (Karl Fischer)||max. 0.5||% mass||RCM 3804|
|Viscosity at 50°C||24||cSt||ASTM D445, ASTM D7042|
|Density at 50°C||980||kg/m3||ASTM D7042 , ASTM D4052|
|Color||max. 50||APHA||RCM 3607|
|Flash Point||min. 125||°C||ASTM D 93|
|Hydroxyl Number||104-110||mg KOH/g||EN 13926|
|Ethylene Oxide Content||61||%w/w||Calculated|
Packaging & Availability
LIALET 125-7 is generally supplied in drums
Storage & Handling
Storage and Handling
- LIALET 125-7 should preferably be stored in stainless steel tanks. It is suggested to keep the product at temperature below 40°C, it is preferable to avoid heating above 60°C and to store under nitrogen in order to minimize yellowish phenomena.
- LIALET 125-7 is a cloudy liquid at room temperature and it becomes clear liquid at temperature about 50°C.
- LIALET 125-7 becomes a solid wax at temperature lower than 21°C. Improvement of appearance and handling at low temperature can be achieved by mixing the product with 5 to 15 weight% water to obtain a clear liquid up to a temperature about 10 C°. At room temperature LIALET 125-7 is water soluble up to 25 weight%.
- Shelf-life is 36 months from production date for product in its original and sealed packaging.