Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality+
Features & Benefits+
Applications & Uses+
- Sasol’s LINPAR® 17 may be used as phase change material, due to its sharp melting point and relevant latent heat of fusion.
- LINPAR® 17 can be also used as lubricant, solvent, plasticizers, or as raw material for production of linear olefins, chloro-paraffins, etc.
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Total Normal Paraffins (TNP)||min. 98||% mass||RCM 1106|
|Carbon Distribution- C17||min. 95||% mass||RCM 1106|
|Carbon Distribution - C18 and heavier||max. 1.5||% mass||RCM 1106|
|Density at 30°C||0.77||kg/l||RCM 3663|
|Kinematic Viscosity at 40°C||3.3||mm 2/s||RCM 3633|
|Fusion Enthalpy||170||J/g||ASTM E794-06|
|Molecular Weight (Average)||240||g/mol||-|
|Distillation - Initial Boiling Point||281||°C||RCM 3203|
|Distillation - Final Boiling Point||305||°C||ASTM D 86|
|Water Content||max. 0.05||% mass||RCM 3804|
|Sulfur Content||max. 1||mg/kg||RCM 5202|
|Aromatics Content||max. 0.7||Abs.270 nm||RCM 2703|
|Saybolt Color||min. 30||-||-|
|Melting Point||24||°C||RCM 3629|
Regulatory & Compliance+
Packaging & Availability+
LINPAR® 17 is supplied in bulk by tank trucks or tank containers. It may also be delivered in drums.
Storage & Handling+
- LINPAR® 17 is solid wax at temperature lower than about 25°C.
- LINPAR® 17 can be stored in stainless steel containers and tanks, in a cold and well ventilated place.
- Shelf-life is 9 months from CoA issue date for product in its original and sealed packaging
Precautions for safe handling
Advice on safe handling
- Avoid inhalation, ingestion and contact with skin and eyes.
- Do not breathe vapours or spray mist.
- Smoking, eating and drinking should be prohibited in the application area.
Advice on protection against fire and explosion
- Normal measures for preventive fire protection.
- Keep away from combustible material.
- Take precautionary measures against static discharges.
- No smoking
Conditions for safe storage, including any incompatibilities
Requirements for storage areas and containers
- No special storage conditions required. Keep in a well-ventilated place.
Storage class (TRGS 510)
- 10: Combustible liquids not in Storage Class 3
- Protect from frost, heat and sunlight
- Suitable Materials: Stainless Steel