LORODAC 7-24 X is a fatty alcohol polyethyleneglycol ether, based on NAFOL 1214 and ethylene oxide (about 7 moles). For documents specific to a region, please contact Sasol using the 'Request Document' button.
Function: Surfactant (Nonionic), Emulsifier, Surfactant
Chemical Family: Alcohol Ethoxylates, Non-Ionics
End Uses: Leather
Available upon quote
Minimum Order Quantity
Similar Products from Sasol NEW
Technical Data Sheet
Lorodac 7-24 X Technical Data Sheet
Lorodac 7-24 X Technical Data SheetTechnical Data Sheet
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
Applications & Uses
Industrial Additives End Use
Recommended Uses & Known Applications
- LORODAC 7-24 is mainly used as an emulsifier agent for O/W emulsions in combination with a lower HLB non-ionic surfactant.
- LORODAC 7-24 can be used as detergent product in the wool scouring process, as degreasing in leather treatment.
- In the detergency field LORODAC 7-24 is used in HDP, HDL as well as LDL formulations, due to its high water solubility and good emulsification property at medium-low temperature.
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Physical State Changement||15-20||°C||MPL 1001.0|
|Cloud Point (1% in water)||57-59||°C||MPL 2001.0|
|Polyethylene Glycols Content||max. 3||% mass||MPL 2002.0|
|pH (5%)||5.0-7.0||-||MPL 1007.0|
|Free Water (Karl Fischer)||max. 0.5||% mass||RCM 3804|
|Viscosity at 50°C||20||cSt||ASTM D445, ASTM D7042|
|Density at 50°C||960||kg/m3||ASTM D7042, ASTM D4052|
|Flash Point||min. 125||°C||ASTM D 93|
|Hydroxyl Number||106-112||mg KOH/g||EN 13926|
|Ethylene Oxide Content||62||%w/w||Calculated|
|Color||max. 30||APHA||MPL 1002.0|
Packaging & Availability
LORODAC 7-24 is generally supplied in drums.
Storage & Handling
Storage And Handling
- LORODAC 7-24 should preferably be stored in stainless steel tanks.
- It is suggested to keep the product at temperature below 40°C, it is preferable to avoid heating above 60°C and to store under nitrogen in order to minimise yellowish phenomena.
- LORODAC 7-24 is a cloudy liquid at room temperature and it becomes homogeneous and transparent at temperature about 45°C.
- LORODAC 7-24 becomes a solid wax at temperature lower than 20°C. Improvement of appearance and handling at low temperature can be achieved by mixing the product with 10 weight% water to obtain a clear liquid up to a temperature about 25°C.
- At room temperature LORODAC 7-24 is water soluble up to 30 weight%. Shelf-life is 36 months from production date for product in its original and sealed packaging.
LORODAC 7-24 X