EMULDAC AS-25 is widely used as dispersing agent in industrial applications, in particular in polyester dyeing processes and emulsion polymerizations. EMULDAC AS-25 is suitable for detergent applications in automatic dishwashing tablets and toilet rim blocks. EMULDAC AS-25 is also suitable for personal care applications as O/W emulsifier in a broad range of pH and as dispersant for hair-dyeing formulations. For documents specific to a region, please contact Sasol using the 'Request Document' button.
INCI Name: Ceteareth-25
Function: Dispersant, Stabilizer, Emulsifier, Surfactant, Surfactant (Nonionic)
CAS Number: 68439-49-6
Chemical Family: Alcohol Ethoxylates
Ingredient Origin: Synthetic, Vegetable Origin, Plant Origin, Petrochemical, Non-Animal Origin, Natural Origin
Labeling Claims: Natural, Naturally Derived, Clean at Sephora, Plant-Based
Available upon quote
Minimum Order Quantity
Popular Sasol ProductsView All Sasol Products
Raw Materials For Cosmetics
Raw Materials For CosmeticsBrochure
Surfactants for Emulsion Polymerization
Surfactants for Emulsion PolymerizationBrochure
Technical Data Sheet
Emuldac AS-25 (2017) Technical Data Sheet
Emuldac AS-25 (2017) Technical Data SheetTechnical Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet
EMULDAC AS-25 Technical Data Sheet
EMULDAC AS-25 Technical Data SheetTechnical Data Sheet
Safety Data Sheet
EMULDAC AS-25 Safety Data Sheet EN-US
EMULDAC AS-25 Safety Data Sheet EN-USSafety Data Sheet
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
CASE Ingredients Functions
Cleaning Ingredients Functions
Cosmetic Ingredients Functions
Fluids & Lubricants Functions
EMULDAC AS-25 is manufactured from following raw materials:
- Alcohols C16 and C18 linear with vegetable / synthetic origin
- Ethylene oxide with synthetic origin
EMULDAC AS-25 Features & Benefits
Applications & Uses
Compatible Substrates & Surfaces
Fluids & Lubricants Type
Fluids & Lubricants End Use
Home Care Applications
I&I Cleaning Applications
Recommended Uses & Known Applications
- EMULDAC AS-25 is used as dispersant in industrial applications, in particular in polyester dyeing processes and emulsion polymerizations.
- In the textile field EMULDAC AS-25 is used as dispersant for dyes and pigments.
- In the detergency field EMULDAC AS-25 is suitable for automatic dishwashing tablets and toilet rim blocks.
- In the personal care field EMULDAC AS-25 is used as O/W emulsifier in a broad range of pH and as dispersant for “hair-dyeing” formulations.
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Color Number (APHA)||max. 150||mg Pt/l||DIN EN 1557|
|Color (50 %ig in IPA/H2O 1:1) (APHA)||max. 150||mg Pt/l||DIN EN 1557|
|pH value (1% AM in IPA/water)||6-8||-||DIN EN 1262|
|Vapor Pressure at 20°C (68°F)||max. 0.0015||hPa||-|
|Density at 20°C (68°F)||0.984||g/cm3||-|
|Dynamic Viscosity at 20°C (68°F)||270||mPa·s||-|
|pH at 20°C (68°F)||4 - 6||-||-|
|Water Content||max. 0.1||wt. %||DIN 51777|
|Flash Point||min. 125 (257)||°C (°F)||-|
|Free EO Content||max. 1||ppm||-|
|Polyethylene Glycol Content||max. 1.0||% mass||HPLC|
|Molar mass||approx. 1360||g/mol||Calculated|
|Molar Mass||approx. 1360||g/mol||Calculated|
|Hydroxyl Number||38.5-44.5||mg KOH/g||DIN EN 13926|
|VOC Content||0.6||%||EPA Method 24|
|Melting Point||Aprox -7 (19)||°C (°F)||-|
|Boiling Point||min. 250 (482 °F)||°C (°F)||-|
Regulatory & Compliance
Packaging & Availability
EMULDAC AS-25 is generally supplied in sacks.
Storage & Handling
EMULDAC AS-25 does not contain any preservative. EMULDAC AS-25 is not susceptible to microbial growth because of extremely low water content.
Storage and Handling
- EMULDAC AS-25 should preferably be stored in stainless steel tanks.
- It is suggested to keep the product at temperature below 50°C, it is preferable to avoid heating above 60°C and to store under nitrogen in order to minimize yellowish phenomena.
- EMULDAC AS-25 is solid at room temperature and it becomes homogeneous and transparent at temperature about 50°C.
- If EMULDAC AS-25 is packaged, it should be stored in a cool location in sacks or containers made of plastic materials impermeable to moisture.
- At room temperature EMULDAC AS-25 is water soluble up to 15 weight%.