EMULDAC AS-25 is widely used as dispersing agent in industrial applications, in particular in polyester dyeing processes and emulsion polymerizations. EMULDAC AS-25 is suitable for detergent applications in automatic dishwashing tablets and toilet rim blocks. EMULDAC AS-25 is also suitable for personal care applications as O/W emulsifier in a broad range of pH and as dispersant for hair-dyeing formulations. For documents specific to a region, please contact Sasol using the 'Request Document' button.
INCI Name: Ceteareth-25
Function: Surfactant, Stabilizer, Emulsifier, Surfactant (Nonionic), Dispersant
CAS Number: 68439-49-6
Chemical Family: Alcohol Ethoxylates
Ingredient Origin: Vegetable Origin, Synthetic, Plant Origin, Petrochemical, Non-Animal Origin, Natural Origin
Labeling Claims: Natural, Naturally Derived, Clean at Sephora, Plant-Based
Available upon quote
Minimum Order Quantity
Popular Sasol ProductsView all Sasol Products
Product NameProduct FamiliesApplications
EMULDAC AS-18 Rheology Modifiers, Emulsifiers & Demulsifiers, Wetting & Dispersion Aids, Surface Protective Additives, Performance Additives, Rheology Modifiers & Stabilizers, Dispersing & Wetting Additives, Nonionic Surfactants Textile Manufacturing, Leather Manufacturing, Water Treatment, Fluids & Lubricants
EMULDAC AS-2 Other Processing Additives
EMULDAC AS-80 Stabilizers, Emulsifiers & Demulsifiers, Wetting & Dispersion Aids, Nonionic Surfactants, Surface Protective Additives, Performance Additives, Rheology Modifiers & Stabilizers, Dispersing & Wetting Additives, Emulsifiers, Solubilizers & Dispersants Leather Manufacturing, Water Treatment, Textile Manufacturing, Dish Care, Footwear, Fluids & Lubricants, Textile & Footwear Adhesives
Raw Materials For Cosmetics
Raw Materials For CosmeticsBrochure
Surfactants for Emulsion Polymerization
Surfactants for Emulsion PolymerizationBrochure
Technical Data Sheet
Emuldac AS-25 (2017) Technical Data Sheet
Emuldac AS-25 (2017) Technical Data SheetTechnical Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet
EMULDAC AS-25 Technical Data Sheet
EMULDAC AS-25 Technical Data SheetTechnical Data Sheet
Safety Data Sheet
EMULDAC AS-25 Safety Data Sheet EN-US
EMULDAC AS-25 Safety Data Sheet EN-USSafety Data Sheet
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
Fluids & Lubricants Functions
EMULDAC AS-25 is manufactured from following raw materials:
- Alcohols C16 and C18 linear with vegetable / synthetic origin
- Ethylene oxide with synthetic origin
EMULDAC AS-25 Features & Benefits
Applications & Uses
Fluids & Lubricants Type
Fluids & Lubricants End Use
Recommended Uses & Known Applications
- EMULDAC AS-25 is used as dispersant in industrial applications, in particular in polyester dyeing processes and emulsion polymerizations.
- In the textile field EMULDAC AS-25 is used as dispersant for dyes and pigments.
- In the detergency field EMULDAC AS-25 is suitable for automatic dishwashing tablets and toilet rim blocks.
- In the personal care field EMULDAC AS-25 is used as O/W emulsifier in a broad range of pH and as dispersant for “hair-dyeing” formulations.
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Color Number (APHA)||max. 150||mg Pt/l||DIN EN 1557|
|Color (50 %ig in IPA/H2O 1:1) (APHA)||max. 150||mg Pt/l||DIN EN 1557|
|pH value (1% AM in IPA/water)||6-8||-||DIN EN 1262|
|Vapor Pressure at 20°C (68°F)||max. 0.0015||hPa||-|
|Density at 20°C (68°F)||0.984||g/cm3||-|
|Dynamic Viscosity at 20°C (68°F)||270||mPa·s||-|
|pH at 20°C (68°F)||4 - 6||-||-|
|Water Content||max. 0.1||wt. %||DIN 51777|
|Flash Point||min. 125 (257)||°C (°F)||-|
|Free EO Content||max. 1||ppm||-|
|Polyethylene Glycol Content||max. 1.0||% mass||HPLC|
|Molar mass||approx. 1360||g/mol||Calculated|
|Molar Mass||approx. 1360||g/mol||Calculated|
|Hydroxyl Number||38.5-44.5||mg KOH/g||DIN EN 13926|
|VOC Content||0.6||%||EPA Method 24|
|Melting Point||Aprox -7 (19)||°C (°F)||-|
|Boiling Point||min. 250 (482 °F)||°C (°F)||-|
Regulatory & Compliance
Packaging & Availability
EMULDAC AS-25 is generally supplied in sacks.
Storage & Handling
EMULDAC AS-25 does not contain any preservative. EMULDAC AS-25 is not susceptible to microbial growth because of extremely low water content.
Storage and Handling
- EMULDAC AS-25 should preferably be stored in stainless steel tanks.
- It is suggested to keep the product at temperature below 50°C, it is preferable to avoid heating above 60°C and to store under nitrogen in order to minimize yellowish phenomena.
- EMULDAC AS-25 is solid at room temperature and it becomes homogeneous and transparent at temperature about 50°C.
- If EMULDAC AS-25 is packaged, it should be stored in a cool location in sacks or containers made of plastic materials impermeable to moisture.
- At room temperature EMULDAC AS-25 is water soluble up to 15 weight%.