EMULDAC AS-80 is a fatty alcohol polyethyleneglycol ether, based on NAFOL 1618S and ethylene oxide (about 80 moles). For documents specific to a region, please contact Sasol using the 'Request Document' button.
Function: Emulsifier, Surfactant (Nonionic), Surfactant, Dispersant, Stabilizer
Chemical Family: Alcohol Ethoxylates
Ingredient Origin: Petrochemical, Synthetic
Available upon quote
Minimum Order Quantity
Popular Sasol ProductsView all Sasol Products
Product NameProduct FamiliesApplications
EMULDAC AS-18 Rheology Modifiers, Emulsifiers & Demulsifiers, Wetting & Dispersion Aids, Surface Protective Additives, Performance Additives, Rheology Modifiers & Stabilizers, Dispersing & Wetting Additives, Nonionic Surfactants Textile Manufacturing, Leather Manufacturing, Water Treatment, Fluids & Lubricants
EMULDAC AS-2 Other Processing Additives
EMULDAC AS-20 Finishing Additives & Treatments Textile Manufacturing
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
EMULDAC AS-80 Features & Benefits
Applications & Uses
Fluids & Lubricants Type
Fluids & Lubricants End Use
Recommended Uses & Known Applications
- EMULDAC AS-80 is used as dispersant for dyes and pigments in the textile field.
- In the detergency field EMULDAC AS-80 is suitable for automatic dishwashing tablets and toilet rim blocks.
- In the personal care field EMULDAC AS-80 is used as O/W emulsifier in a broad range of pH and as dispersant for “hair-dyeing” formulations
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Cloud Point (1% in 10% NaCl)||73-77||°C||RCM 3646|
|Density (50°C)||1.06||g/cm³||ASTM D7042, ASTM D4052|
|pH (5%)||5.0-7.0||-||MPL 1007.0|
|Viscosity at 70°C||160||cSt||ASTM D445, ASTM D7042|
|Flash Point||min. 125||°C||ASTM D 93|
|Pour Point||55||°C||ASTM D 97|
|Hydroxyl Number||15-25||mg KOH/g||RCM 3851|
|Ethylene Oxide Content||93||%w/w||Calculated|
Packaging & Availability
EMULDAC AS-80 is generally supplied in drums.
Storage & Handling
Storage and Handling
- EMULDAC AS-80 should preferably be stored in stainless steel tanks.
- It is suggested to keep the product at temperature below 50°C, it is preferable to avoid heating above 60°C and to store under nitrogen in order to minimize yellowish phenomena.
- EMULDAC AS-80 is solid at room temperature and it becomes homogeneous at temperature about 55°C.
- If EMULDAC AS-80 is packaged, it should be stored in a cool location in sacks or containers made of plastic materials impermeable to moisture.