EMULDAC AS-80 is a fatty alcohol polyethyleneglycol ether, based on NAFOL 1618S and ethylene oxide (about 80 moles). For documents specific to a region, please contact Sasol using the 'Request Document' button.
Function: Dispersant, Stabilizer, Emulsifier, Surfactant, Surfactant (Nonionic)
Chemical Family: Alcohol Ethoxylates
Ingredient Origin: Petrochemical, Synthetic
Available upon quote
Minimum Order Quantity
Popular Sasol ProductsView All Sasol Products
Raw Materials For Cosmetics
Raw Materials For CosmeticsBrochure
Surfactants for Emulsion Polymerization
Surfactants for Emulsion PolymerizationBrochure
Technical Data Sheet
Emuldac AS-80 Technical Data Sheet
Emuldac AS-80 Technical Data SheetTechnical Data Sheet
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality
CASE Ingredients Functions
Cleaning Ingredients Functions
Cosmetic Ingredients Functions
Fluids & Lubricants Functions
EMULDAC AS-80 Features & Benefits
Applications & Uses
Compatible Substrates & Surfaces
Fluids & Lubricants Type
Fluids & Lubricants End Use
Home Care Applications
I&I Cleaning Applications
Recommended Uses & Known Applications
- EMULDAC AS-80 is used as dispersant for dyes and pigments in the textile field.
- In the detergency field EMULDAC AS-80 is suitable for automatic dishwashing tablets and toilet rim blocks.
- In the personal care field EMULDAC AS-80 is used as O/W emulsifier in a broad range of pH and as dispersant for “hair-dyeing” formulations
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Cloud Point (1% in 10% NaCl)||73-77||°C||RCM 3646|
|Density (50°C)||1.06||g/cm³||ASTM D7042, ASTM D4052|
|pH (5%)||5.0-7.0||-||MPL 1007.0|
|Viscosity at 70°C||160||cSt||ASTM D445, ASTM D7042|
|Flash Point||min. 125||°C||ASTM D 93|
|Pour Point||55||°C||ASTM D 97|
|Hydroxyl Number||15-25||mg KOH/g||RCM 3851|
|Ethylene Oxide Content||93||%w/w||Calculated|
Packaging & Availability
EMULDAC AS-80 is generally supplied in drums.
Storage & Handling
Storage and Handling
- EMULDAC AS-80 should preferably be stored in stainless steel tanks.
- It is suggested to keep the product at temperature below 50°C, it is preferable to avoid heating above 60°C and to store under nitrogen in order to minimize yellowish phenomena.
- EMULDAC AS-80 is solid at room temperature and it becomes homogeneous at temperature about 55°C.
- If EMULDAC AS-80 is packaged, it should be stored in a cool location in sacks or containers made of plastic materials impermeable to moisture.