Sasol Ortho Cresol 305
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality+
Applications & Uses+
- Novolac Resins
- Fragrance Chemicals
- Chemical Intermediates.
- Ortho Cresol 305 used in polymers.
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|o-Cresol||min. 99.8||wt%||ASTM D5310|
|Nitrogen Bases (as Pyridine)||max. 0.001||wt%||ASTM D4471|
|Total Sulfur (as S)||max. 0.001||wt%||JWI005|
|Color (at Loading)||max. 50||APHA||JWI075|
|Water||max. 0.05||wt%||ASTM D1631|
|Phenol||max. 0.05||wt%||ASTM D5310|
Regulatory & Compliance+
Safety & Health+
Cresols are toxic to fish and aquatic invertebrates and care must be taken to prevent them from entering surface or ground waters. Cresols tend to sink in fresh water but will float in concentrated brine. They are biodegradable in aerobic conditions. Soil or other materials contaminated with cresols may become hazardous and must be disposed of by trained personnel according to regulations. In case of fire, cresol vapors may form and be carried with smoke downwind, creating the possibility of exposure. Cresols have a low potential for bioaccumulation.
Packaging & Availability+
Storage & Handling+
Cresylic acids are stable and have an indefinite shelf-life with regard to composition. Depending upon storage conditions, they may absorb moisture from the air, darken in color over time, or leach low level metals from the storage vessel. This will be minimized, however, if the container remains sealed and the product is not exposed to air or excessive heating.
Safe handling advice
- Wear personal protective equipment.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- Provide sufficient air exchange and/or exhaust in work rooms.
- In case of insufficient ventilation.
- wear suitable respiratory equipment.
- Keep containers tightly closed in a dry.
- cool and well-ventilated place.
- Keep away from heat and sources of ignition.
Storage and handling materials
- Unsuitable: Avoid use of aluminum, copper or brass alloys in storage or process equipment which will contact this material.
Refer the SDS for detailed information.