Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality+
Applications & Uses+
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Phenol (Other Phenol Content Options Available)||10-15||wt%||ASTM D5310|
|o-Cresol||max. 1||wt%||ASTM D5310|
|Total Ethylphenols||approx. 30||wt%||ASTM D5310|
|2,4/2,5-Xylenol||approx. 30||wt%||ASTM D5310|
|Other Xylenol||approx. 10-15||Wt%||ASTM D5310|
|Nitrogen Bases (as Pyridine)||max. 0.005||wt%||ASTM D4471|
|Total Sulfur (as S)||max. 0.005||wt%||JWI005|
|Color (at Loading)||max. 200||APHA||JWI075|
|Water||max. 0.05||wt%||ASTM D1631|
Technical Details & Test Data+
Due to Sasol’s unique fractionation and blending capability, this product is rich in ethylphenols, which show advantages with respect to solvency power and viscosity for common magnet wire enamel resin solutions. WES250 is also low in nitrogen bases – impurities which, at higher levels, are known to contribute to copper corrosion.
Packaging & Availability+
Available in railcar, tank truck, isocontainer, 450 lb drum, 200 kg drum
Storage & Handling+
- WES259 is stable and has an indefinite shelf-life with regard to composition. Depending upon storage conditions, it may absorb moisture from the air, darken in color over time, or leach low level metals from the storage vessel. This will be minimized, however, if the container remains sealed and the product is not exposed to air or excessive heating.
- Product should be sampled and evaluated for suitability if stored longer than 1 year.
- Sasol Chemicals does not guarantee the suitability of this product for any particular use. The user is solely responsible for determining specific product application and suitability.
Safe handling advice
- Wear personal protective equipment.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- Provide sufficient air exchange and/or exhaust in work rooms.
- In case of insufficient ventilation, wear suitable respiratory equipment.
- Keep containers tightly closed in a dry, cool and well-ventilated place.
- Keep away from heat and sources of ignition.
Storage and handling materials
Unsuitable: Avoid use of aluminum, copper or brass alloys in storage or process equipment which will contact this material
Refer the SDS for detailed information.