SASOLWAX NCM 9335
Knowde Enhanced TDS
Identification & Functionality+
Features & Benefits+
Applications & Uses+
Technological trends such as higher processing speed, the idea of ‘more with less’ and lower energy requirements require highly technical products with distinct technical properties.
FT waxes from Sasol comprise linear molecules by nature, offering a high crystallinity and a low viscosity. In order to meet customer requirements in highly demanding application processes, the molecular distributions need to be narrowed. Therefore, Sasol has decided to introduce narrow-cut materials (NCMs) to its portfolio.
These products can be used in various market segments and application fields such as
plastics, inks and coatings; hot melt adhesives; and personal care – and specifically for
toners; TTR (thermal transfer ribbon); micronised products; EPS (expanded polystyrene); PU mould release; lipsticks; and antiperspirants.
The combined advantages of NCM products are
- A high level of hardness and crystallinity in solid form
- Low melting point (energy-saving)
- Low viscosity (after melting)
- Ability to flow well in liquid form (Newtonian fluid)
- Distinct phase transition from the solid to liquid phases/temperature switch function